20. YOU LIKE ME

Anirudh's POV

It's been a week since our date, our kiss. Even though she hasn't been outright ignoring me, she still is more distant than she was previously. We still have lunch together, but it's boring, she doesn't say anything. And I don't know what to do, I couldn't ask sehaj again, he'll just make fun of me.

Today too, we went for lunch, she ordered hers, ate in silence and we were done. And I'm done too, I can't take this silent treatment anymore, I need to at least know what's wrong. She was back before me, she's been taking her own car since we came back after the engagement, it wasn't a big deal at first but now it is. It's like she always leaves when I'm not there.

I've had enough of this, entering the living room I saw her sitting on the couch the same way she was when she came back. Maybe sensing my gaze on her, she turned and jerked as if I scared her. I didn't want this, I don't want her to be scared of me.

Before she could leave for her room I went to her and grabbed her arm. I've not held her for a week, it's making me go crazy. So I just moved my hand from her arm till I reached her hand and entangled it with me. This is what I missed all week. Seeing her still facing anything other than me,
" Look at me. "
" We can talk like this. " She said still not seeing me.

" Princess, look at me. " I said my tone was dangerously low, it wasn't my fault. I've been on tenterhooks all week and now she's refusing to look at me. But she turned, maybe she sensed the turmoil inside me, but she turned, " What's wrong? " She asked,

" I should ask that princess. What's wrong? "
" Nothing. "

" Then why are you ignoring me, did I hurt you that day? "
I asked what I was most worried about, but her reaction gave me relief, " No no. You didn't. It's just. "
" Just what princess, tell me. We'll sort it together. "

" I didn't know how to react. "
" Huh? Hah.. " And I started laughing. This is why she didn't talk to me. Oh god.

"Why are you laughing like this? "
" I'm sorry princess. I just thought I had done something wrong. "
" Hmph. "

" Come here princess " I said asking for her other hand, she gave it to me after a thought. Taking her hands I led her to the couch and made her sit on it, no idea what compelled me to but I sat in front of her, on my knees. I never did that, never.
She was surprised too, at what I don't know.

" If you react like this then won't I be at a loss every time I kiss you. "
" What do you mean next time. Who's gonna kiss you again. " She hmphed, no matter how you saw it, it was comical.

" You are. And not just a kiss, I'll do many things to you. Things which I've been thinking about doing since I saw you. Those which you don't ever dare to say. " I whispered getting close to her mouth.

" You.. " She gulped at my words but she didn't back down, that's why I like her. Always up for a fight.

" Don't worry princess we have time for all that. But for now I just want to talk to you. Alright. " And that's true, for now just talking to her was enough.

" I won't touch you from now unless you initiate it. Okay? But do remember, once you do I'm not backing down. So be wise about it. "

" You sure. " She had a glint in her like she was planning something for me. But well I've already said so, then it's a done deal anyway.

" Yeah princess. I won't go back on my word. "

" Good. You're holding my hand. Leave it. "

" Oh, princess you're making this hard for me before we even started. "