9. ANIRUDH

Anirudh's POV

The next morning when I went downstairs I saw everyone waiting for me. " Anirudh you're up. Come let's have breakfast. " It was hridhaan who spoke up first with his wife going to I guess the kitchen. And my would-be wife was reading the newspaper ignoring me full on.
"Good morning" I said looking at her.

No idea that if her page was complete or she knew I was talking to her, she looked up. "Good morning Mr. Raghuvanshi"
Oops looks like we're still on a family name basis. No problem I'll mend this by the evening.
"Pari, hridhaan come. Kunwar sa ap bhi aa jaeye. "

"Please call me Anirudh. Ma'am"
"Oh alright. Then you should also not call me ma'am. Call me bhabhi like Pari does. If that's alright with you. " And she looked towards her bhabhi like she had betrayed her.
"Of course bhabhi. " I smiled as I took my seat and ate.

When we were done, bhabhi asked the servants to clean up the table.
Hridhaan took off as he had a call to attend. So it was just me, bhabhi and her. " Anirudh, take pari with you to the site. Hridhaan and I have some things to do at home. We'll meet you guys there. "
"Okay."

" I can go there myself bhabhi. "
Both of us said at the same time. I could hear the irritated in her voice this time. It wasn't directed at me but nonetheless it was there.

" Pari. " Just her name and I have no idea what the hell they just communicated through their eyes that she nodded. Include me in the conversation too. I wanted to say but I stopped myself.

"I'll meet you outside. " She said as she made her way upstairs to maybe get her things.
"Hmm. I'll wait by the car. " And I left the house.

Sitting in the car, the only thing in my mind was her. For the whole time I've been here, I've only heard her say 5 sentences at most. I can even recite them. And her eyes, it was the same as last time, I can't look away from them. They captivate me. A knock on the window woke me up from the reverie of my thoughts. She was standing there.

I had decided to drive today and as I saw her take the passenger seat, I knew that was a bad fucking decision. I didn't notice before but now that she was this close to me I could smell her, no matter how cliche that sounded, but yeah I could.

She smelled like roses and apples. It was fuckin' intoxicating. She was wearing white pants with a black high neck top, as it wasn't exactly cold or hot now that it was October, she had a black coat on too. A black purse on her lap, she was typing on her phone God knows what. And I never wanted to know something so bad.

"Are we not leaving? " Her question interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah. Sorry I was distracted. "
And our ride to the site went in silence. I absolutely hated it but I have to give time to my little sun so she won't get overwhelmed. Regardless today's task is just to come on a first name basis, other things can go at its own pace.

The site was just outside the city, it may have been the first joint venture of the Rathores and the Raghuvanshis but it was also our first ever incentive in the hospitality sector. We were what you call real estate tycoons, with almost every land not claimed by the other Royal Families belonging to us. The majority of the land in Rajasthan, Gujrat, Delhi and even in some parts of U. P. belonged to us.

Whereas Rathores were already well established in the sector. They had hotel chains spanning from North to South. Their resorts had a vintage feel that gave them the advantage over their competitors.

It was dad's idea, this resort. And I think it may have something else all along. Whatever, the legal procedure for the commencement of our resort was already done. The foundation stone was laid 2 months ago by both my father and former king of chittorgarh. The architecture plan was improved over 15 times before coming to the final one.

The resort was supposed to be a 4 storey building with a total of 200 rooms. A cabin was to be made on the last floor fully isolated to make ice cabins in it. A separate pool area on each floor. And the area surrounding the building was to be converted into a garden. Our estimate was that it would be completed in around 34 months if everything went well.

We had rented a cabin-cum-office near the site to monitor its progress. I was surprised to see it already having 4 cubicles for each of us. I guess rathores did their work. Turning to her before entering my space, "I'll be here. The files must be already on your desk by now. Call me if you need anything. "

She just nodded and went inside and I smiled at myself, it looked like I had to work hard.

Hridhaan and bhabhi came just a after an hour and bhabhi went to her office to go over the financial reports, whereas I and hridhaan went to site to talk with the contractor. After that we returned to our own spaces and I had no idea where he and bhabhi went but the next thing I knew was him texting me and telling me to have lunch with his sister. So my guess wasn't wrong then, they really are trying to matchmake us. I can't now waste their efforts, can I? So I did what they said, knocking on her door, "Come in. " And as I entered she started without even looking up, "Bhabhi did you see the financial reports, I think there's some miscal.. " And her words stopped there as she saw me instead of her bhabhi. Leaving her chair, "I thought it was bhabhi. "

"I got that. I came to call you for lunch. "

"Huh? Bhai and bhabhi? "

"I don't know where they went. I just saw a message he sent me to make you eat. "

Yeah, he wrote exactly that,
Hridhaan Rathore: Nandini and I are out. Have lunch and make paridhi eat too.

Sorting the files on her table she came, "let's go. "

And I don't know what came over me I took her hand in mine, I saw her stop in her place and look at our hands but I think she decided against making me leave her cuz even if she tried I wouldn't have left her. Not after I've felt what it is to hold her hand. And I guess I'm gonna do that a lot more.
We had lunch in a restaurant nearby owned by the Rathores, I guess every hotel or restaurant in our vicinity belonged to them. At her request we were given a private cabin on the second floor.

"What do you want to eat? " I asked her after we both got seated. And yeah I did pull her chair for her.
" Anything is fine. "

So I just ordered us some rajma chawal and from her face I knew I made the right choice. After lunch was done, I called her just as she reached the door, " Paridhi. "

"Yes, Mr. Raghuvanshi. "

And I snapped, I cornered her against the door with left arm by her waist and right by her face, even after wearing heels she just reached my nose, " What do you want Mr. Raghuvanshi . " I had thought that maybe atleast she'll be flustered but no, other than the moment when she was backed against the door, her face was the same, neutral and indifferent and it infuriated me. I'm here going crazy over this girl and she is acting like it's not a big deal. " Ms. Rathore, maybe you're forgetting that I'm your fiance and I think it's better if you call me by my name. "
I could see the defiance in her eyes, " Mr. Raghuvanshi, I think you forgot that we are not actually engaged, so I think its better if we don't. "

The audacity of this girl to mention that, we have our engagement in three weeks and here she is denying the very existence of it.

"Ms. Rathore, as we just had such a good meal and we're gonna live together. So why don't you do me a favor and consider me a friend. Now you can't call a friend by his surname right? "

I don't want to be her friend but if that's what it takes to have her call me then that's it. I'm gonna be the friend she falls hopelessly in love with. I was stunned when the thought came to me. Love. Before I could think further into it she said, "Mr. Raghuvanshi I don't think friends do what you are doing? " motioning to position we were in. I smirked at that, even now she refuses to call me by my name.
Backing away from her, " After you. "

And as she left the door, " Thank you for the meal, Anirudh. "
And I might have just had a dopamine rush, cuz I don't think I felt such happiness simply because she said my name. It sounded different from her. The way she emphasized it, it felt like she was irritated at the name. Hah, it's okay but, I guess today's milestone was achieved, many more to go if I want her for myself.