7. JAIPUR

Anirudh's POV

Marriage for me has always been just a thing in my life I have to do. Not because I want to, but just because I have to. I wasn't really ever interested in things like love or something, it's too cliche to be real anymore. So for me I knew marriage was never gonna be for something like love. It would be for my business or my state or for my family. That's it.

So when my dad asked me for my opinion on the proposal from chittorgarh, I said yes. I'm still considering why. But yeah I did. And he was happy, too happy like I did something wonderful, I guess I did, mom and him were always worried that I won't find a girl. And when akshu heard that, she was ecstatic like it was a big deal. And Abhi, he looked worried no idea why.

But coming to the topic, what I think is the reason I said yes is that I always knew I'll marry someone according to my parents wish or if I found someone really worthy to be my partner. And well I can't say that I've found the second person but the first it is and for the record she intrigued me. I was ready to leave it at that but no trouble came knocking at my door, so how can I say no to it. I had already decided that I won't think about her more, last night was torturous enough and that was only after one meeting. That wasn't even a meeting dammit. But no, everyone decided that the one time Anirudh decided not to do something risky, they have to be the ones to push him into it. Yes that's what she is. Risky for me. But no matter what, she mine now. And I'll take my time unraveling her.

We left chittorgarh by the evening, akshu had already left before us and I wasn't surprised when I didn't see 'her' on our way out. From what I've guessed no girl would like to marry a guy they've never met is too much even for a princess, also from how everyone looked it seems that it wasn't a peaceful decision.. But that's not my problem. I have done my part. Let's see what awaits our future princess.

We reached our palace by the morning and my mother was on cloud nine from the news and my little sister she was just blabbering about the bhabhi she may not even get if my future bride does not agree. Too tired to handle any of them I slept through the entire day and it seemed like I woke up in a different place. It was so noicy that I couldn't even hear myself. That I why I prefer staying in my wing.

"Mom what's going on? "

"Oh you're awake. That's good. You have to tell me what things you want on the party and whom to invite. " She was walking at a crazy speed and looked like she'll just dash off, so holding her in place I asked, "What party mom? Will you please stand still and elaborate? "

"Oh god, how can I give birth to such an idiot son. " Only she would call the person managing a billion dollar corporate an idiot. Whatever.
"Yeah you did. Now please tell me. "
"Of course it's for the engagement party. I'm starting to get worried for my daughter-in-law."

"Whose engagement party mom? "
"Oh are you really getting dumb. Yours of course. It's on 10th we don't have much time. "
And as she left to instruct everyone I was left wondering if I was still sleeping, but no a pinch in my arm prooved that I'm awake. So yeah she agreed and don't know why it brought a smile on my face. Welcome aboard princess.

I was surprised when three days later dad told me that one of the rathores is going to be in jaipur too. Yeah the project we were working together. It's a vacation resort in jaipur and it was decided that it was enough to send our representatives there. But I don't like to do my things that way. I want things like they should, and it's too big of a project to be messed up so I decided that I'll go myself and it was decided yesterday. So now with the rathores coming there themselves I guess news reached them fast. It's not like it's a big deal. I'll just have easy communication regarding decisions. Because with our representatives being there it would have taken time to finalize things. It's good now. The sooner it's finished the better. And of course I'll get the chance to be with my in-laws too. So that's a good deal for me.

It was decided that we'll stay at house, if you could call it that, in jaipur owned by the Rathores. No idea why dad insisted on that, it's not like we don't have one of our own in jaipur. Who knows what goes in his mind. It was already 8 pm when I reached.

I wasn't thay surprised to see the Rathores already settled in as it was their place and they were technically the hosts. But I really was surprised by the person or should I say persons in front of me.
Yup there were two, no three of them here, and of course my would be wife being one of them. She had a grey pant and a black shirt with a similar grey jacket on. Her hair was straight and it fell freely over her back. She looked like she had applied some kohl or eyeliner, or else her eyes were naturally so dark, I don't know. How come I didn't notice it at the coronation. Her hands were in her pocket and she was perusing me the same way I did.

Our competition ended when someone cleared their throat, I think it was her brother or bhabhi, I'm not sure. But yeah it did the work, "Anirudh Raghuvanshi" Extending my hand towards him I said and he took it in his and shook it like a gentleman, "Hridhaan Rathore, my wife Nandini Rathore. " Gesturing towards the lady at his right he said, I nodded at her to which she did the same, and then finally, "and my sister, Paridhi Rathore. "

No idea what compelled me to do it but my hand went ahead of me and before I realized she took it and there it was, our first meeting. "Pleasure meeting you. " And for me I sounded genuine.

"Same here. " She sounded plainly disinterested, and that irritated me.

"If you'll excuse me. "

"Yeah of course. " And nodding at her brother she left. And her bhabhi left too no idea where to.
"So kunwar sa. "

"Please call me Anirudh, "
"Alright. Anirudh, you must be tired.
The servants will show you your room. You can ask them if you need anything. Dinner is ready, just ask them to bring it up if you want or to show you the kitchen. "

"Ok. You guys won't have dinner. "
"Oh no, we arrived at 6, so we just ate then. I'm sorry. It slipped my mind that"

I cut him off before he could say more, " No worries I was tired too and I already ate on my way. " And that was true. I had a meeting an hour back on my way. So I just had dinner then.

"That's good. Then good night. "
"Good night. " I said as I followed the guy named shyam to my room and hridhaan excused himself to which I assumed is his room on the ground floor itself.

I was quite satisfied with my room, it was almost similar to the one I had in the chittorgarh palace. So after a quick bath and going through some work mails. I clicked the lights off and the last thought on my mind before going to sleep that night was unsurprisingly her.