5. SURPRISE

Anirudh's POV

The rituals of the ceremony were nothing new, we had the same in our place and I had attended Abhimanyu's coronation too. So I knew what to expect.
The rituals lasted from early morning to the dinner in the evening.

I spent the last day with my sister and her husband, listening to her never gets boring, she can talk all day about nothing and I'll still be interested all the way. When she got married last year I protested that she was too young, at which my mom shut me up saying, 'I already had you both by her age' as if that's my fault, tell that to your beast of a husband. But as it was her wish I couldn't do anything about it. If I had not known Abhimanyu for so long I never would've entrusted my sister to him. But I know him, that is why I am assured that he'll treat her like the queen she is.

My baby sister grew up too fast. When she first said that she wanted to marry Abhimanyu and she loves him, I almost killed that guy for having designs on my sister but then mom talked to me and I knew my baby sister wasn't a baby anymore she was grown up and perfectly capable of deciding her future partner. So they got married in like 2 months, she said she didn't want to wait any longer and as both the bride and groom were ready the families had no issues making it come true. We met after 7 months yesterday, it was first for us both going this long without seeing each other, even when I was away for my studies either she'll come to me or I'll go back home but this made me realize we both now had much more responsibilities than we had before and as a queen she was still trying to adjust in her role.

Abhimanyu and Akshu both are young compared to Vinayak and Ananya but I know they won't be far off from what Vinayak and Ananya can do. It would take some time but they'll reach there.

When dad and I entered the festive Hall the hosts were already in their place, I could see the newly crowned King and queen at the main table with their family at their side. From here I couldn't exactly see her, just her back, she was in a yellow lehnga maybe I'm not sure what exactly that color is and her black hair was tied in a bun. I could tell that her hair were curly from the way they escaped the clutches of pins on her head.

When she came over with abhi I was on my phone checking on mom.
As dad had something to discuss with Avinash uncle, yeah he and sneha aunty asked me call them that, he was with them. So only me, akshu and abhi were at our table. She had anklets on I could tell that, I still couldn't see her face as abhi blocked it but I heard her again, " I missed you bhai. " She sounded different than last time but the similarity was still there, this time it wasn't raspy, it was soothing, comforting.

I don't think I can explain but her voice sounded like it was meant to comfort people and when I was finally able to see her I stopped whatever I was doing if I was even doing anything. I had only seen her back just now, but as she became visible before me I was stunned to say the least. I have seen my fair share of beautiful women and there were many present in this hall too but she was different, she echoed brightness. The only thing I noticed between the time I saw her and when she sat beside akshu was that her smile was different. I didn't even know what they talked about. Her smile captivated me. Her eyes shone with happiness, adoration for akshu. No idea what cane over me but I wanted to be the one for whom her eyes lit up. I never believed in things like love at first sight, hell I don't even believe in love, it's utter nonsense. But it's something else and I can't name it.
Her eyes were hazel with flecks of green in them, I think she got it from her parents whose genes got mixed up as her mother had green eyes whereas her father brown like mine. The orange lipshade she applied matched too well with her dress. She looked like a queen, much less a princess.

Finally when the event concluded I was able to have a moment for myself in the confines of my room, the whole evening after seeing her was spent observing her without anyone noticing. I don't think I've done this before, I was intrigued by this girl. Pari, that's what abhi called her and she told akshu to call her. But I don't think she's a fairy, for me she may as well be a demoness from hell. I was walking dangerously close to a thing called obsession from just a glance, she hasn't even talked to me. I really had no idea what to do about that. Thank god we're leaving tomorrow or I really wouldn't promise what I might do.

The next morning when dad asked for me I wasn't ready for the surprise he'll throw at me. And I guess I had an answer for something I never really considered a question.