15. ENGAGEMENT - I

Anirudh's POV

It's my engagement today, the palace was decorated so well that I was having doubts believing it's just an engagement. Mom spared no effort, Rathores arrived the day before yesterday while the king and queen were the last ones to arrive yesterday. And her, she's been too busy ignoring me, as for why I have no idea. She spent the last day with my family and now they're all her fans, ashu even said as I quote, " At least there's some benefit of having you as a brother. " That girl has to be taught a lesson on when to shut her mouth..

And akshu, " I don't know if I should be happy or not. " And when I asked why her answer was, " I am pitying the poor girl for having you. " What's with my sisters thinking that I'm a beast who'll torture their innocent princess. Mom is too happy. I don't know how many times I've told her to tone it down lest she scares her daughter-in-law.

I don't know what she did but Arushi is smitten by her, Sehaj almost got jealous of the attention she was giving to my princess. And while Adarsh and Shreshth liked her too, shreshth had an altercation with her friend Aryanshi. No idea what happened between those two but I've never seen him get so hyper over someone.

And as for her family, other than Vinayak being a little off, everyone seemed happy. But I know where he's coming from, his sister is getting married of course he can't be too happy no matter what people say.

Her nephews are a piece of art, all of them except the youngest were with me yesterday, with the eldest taking the lead, ordering me to keep their bua happy. Ansh and ahaan couldn't even pronounce the word engagement and they said, " If you make bua cry. We beat you. "
To which daiwik reassured them, " Yes even if we can't. I'll ask dadu to do it. " That's a good threat. He knows who to use.

" Anirudh, if you don't get ready in a minute I'm gonna beat you up. " My mom's voice sounded from behind me, shit I'm late.

"Mom, I was just going to change but I'm waiting for those three. "
"They are already in their rooms getting ready. And If I don't see ready and downstairs in half an hour, you're dead. "
Those bastards, couldn't they tell me that mom was coming.
"Yes mom, why don't you go get ready too. "

" It's your engagement. I can get ready in 10 minutes. " Yeah tell that to your husband who always tells you the time an hour early just to reach on time.

" Okay okay. I'm going. "

I have no idea why she's so worried, it's not like I have to do makeup like these women do. I just have change and style my hair and I'm done. Forget it. Let's get ready.
Mom has selected a cream kurta pajama with a embellished sherwani over it.

I wore my rings

I wore my rings. The gold chain over my neck. And wearing my shoes we were done. And I guess everyone was done as my friends came into my without even knocking, only they would have the audacity to do this.
"You're ready. " Adarsh asked
"As ready as I can be. " And that's true.