𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

When he woke up, Alistair went to John's room to see if his big brother was already home. John was seating cross-legged in the floor, in the middle of the room, meditating, while facing the door. Sensing his brother's arrival, John opened one of his eyes, seeing Alistair reclining on the door frame looking at him with relief and a half-satisfied smile on his face. He smiled at this. He couldn't help but find it adorable how his two little siblings worried so much about him, as someone who had lost everything and everyone he ever knew, this brought a sense of warmth to his beaten heart.

Seeing as Alistair was deep in thought and wasn't likely going to make any move, slightly shaking his head, John questioned while getting up, "you're gonna stand there like an idiot or are you gonna come in and give me a hug?", he opened his arms waiting for his brother, who didn't take long before wrapping him and resting his head on his chest.

"You know you don't have to worry so much, right?" Being a little taller, he commented into his brother's hair, holding him tight.

With a defeated breath, Alistair responded, "I know, I know, but after what happened I- ", being interrupted.

Without letting him finish what he started, John said, "-it wasn't your fault, and you shouldn't be keeping an eye on everyone and worrying yourself all night". He said all this while taking Alistair off his chest, so he could look into his eyes.

Knowing in which direction the conversation was most certainly going to take and not wanting to have it right now, not to mention he needed to get ready for school, Alistair avoided his brother's eyes, exhaling and said, "OK, I wanted to make sure you were alright, although you still have to tell me more about this job of yours", he said eyeing him suspiciously. "Now I need to get ready for school, don't wanna be late on my first day". He then gave his brother a fast hug, finishing the conversation with, "I love you. Take care". While he was exiting the room, he heard his brother saying the same back.

Getting to his room, he felt like he could finally breathe freely, with a worry less on his shoulders.

(...)

After his quick morning routine, Alistair found himself ready to leave and waiting for his little sister to come, but, as the fashionista she is, he ends up waiting for another 20 minutes for her. After she finally walks down, they leave the house alone, their father was already in the sheriff department and their mother, as the new acquainted school principal, went there early and John was God knows where.

Inside the car, Michelle questions, "don't you think it has been very quiet this week? I mean, they sent us here for the high supernatural activity and the delicate and evident tension with our favorite hunting clan, but I haven't seen anything since we arrived", she commented while making sure she had everything she needed in her backpack, she then took out a hand mirror and retouched her makeup.

Alistair looks at her from the driver's seat, debating if telling her or not what happened last night.

He finally decides it's for the best, not keeping secrets from each other, that was the promise his family made when leaving for Beacon Hills, and he wasn't going to break it, "actually, last night was kind of eventful, you know. I encountered a guy whose tattoo healed 30 minutes after done" and then added looking forward, "I'm pretty sure he's a werewolf. Also, there was this crazy deer running into the windshield of a car as if it was scared out of his mind or running from something".

Humming to the car's music, Michelle commented, "actually, since arriving I've been having this weird feeling, it's like sensing another witch but not quite being a witch, I don't know". The comment left Alistair in deep thought, he then assumed something was most definitely about to explode.