𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐

As John and Derek approached the school, they saw it, Stiles, or rather the Nogitsune, seating there in the entrance stairs, flanked by the three remaining Oni. The malevolent entity greeted them with a mocking tone as Derek placed the wooden box on the floor. "Ow, you brought us a gift."

Derek's expression transformed into a more animalistic visage, his crimson red eyes glowing with fierce determination. Sensing the impending battle, John reached for the long dagger sticks from his back, the very same weapons he had previously used to combat the Oni.

The twins, Ethan and Aiden, emerged and positioned themselves at the sides of Derek and John, adding their formidable presence to the standoff. The Keeper spoke with unwavering confidence, "We actually brought you two."

Unfazed by their challenge, the Nogitsune replied in a taunting and mocking manner, "I've heard of alpha packs, but not packs with ex-alphas. That's just sad." He feigned a pout, aiming to taunt them further.

Ethan's voice resonated with intensity as he declared, "We may not be alphas anymore." His brother, Aiden, matched his resolve with equal determination, stating, "But we can still fight like it." Together, the werewolves unleashed a collective roar, signaling the commencement of the fierce battle that was about to unfold.

As the ominous creature, that Alistair now identified as the Nogitsune, halted in its tracks, Kira and Alistair prepared themselves for the impending battle, tightening their grip on their swords. Its mouth opened, revealing a terrifying set of shark-like teeth that seemed almost metallic, and it spoke in a chilling, growling tone, "As I promised Stiles, we are going to kill you all, one by one." With a sinister gesture, the Nogitsune summoned the three remaining Oni, who circled around Kira and Alistair, swords at the ready.

Moving in its peculiarly ungraceful manner, the Nogitsune stepped forward, revealing that they were in Bardo, the state in between life and death. It taunted them with the news that Stiles was dying, along with everyone he loved. The creature bragged of its progress in the game, having already conquered key locations on the board like the hospital, the Sheriff's Station, and now the Animal Clinic.

Suddenly, the spirit manifested behind Alistair, whispering chilling words in his ear. "It was fun playing with you. So much potential for chaos, but so protected." The Nogitsune's taunting tone never wavered, "Just wait until your guest unleashes havoc.". When Alistair turned to confront the creature, it stood exactly where it had been before, a few steps ahead, leaving him questioning the reality of the exchange. The alarmed looks from everyone else confirmed that he didn't hallucinate anything.

Before anyone could react or question further, the Nogitsune began to recount the history of Sepukku, a Japanese ritual where a Samurai would stab themselves in the stomach to disembowel themselves as an act of preserving honor, with their trusted friend, the kaishakunin, tasked with delivering the beheading.

The twisted history lesson served a grim purpose—to inform them that Scott, as the Nogitsune declared him Stiles' kaishakunin, would have to kill his best friend, or everyone touched by the Oni's swords would die. As Stiles demanded to know the Nogitsune's reason for doing this, it responded with a wicked and sinister smirk, "To win the game."

The tension in the air was palpable as the three Oni readied their swords, and Scott's face morphed into his more animalistic state. Kira and Alistair stood firm, swords at the ready, prepared to defend themselves and each other. Lydia and Stiles, realizing what was about to unfold in front of them, moved away from the impending battle, seeking safety from the impending clash.

The battleground was alive with the resounding clash of swords against the menacing Oni blades. Each strike was fueled by determination and adrenaline as they fought fiercely, pushing the creatures back, at least momentarily.