𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

While warming up his body before starting to run in the gym class, Alistair searched for Isaac. He found the boy bent lacing his shoes. What caught his attention the most was the twins, the bulky ones he encountered in the library. They walked up to Isaac and stopped right behind him, watching him intently.

After the whistle sounded, Alistair walked up to Isaac and Scott, only being able to hear as Isaac told Scott, "It's them". After that, he sprinted after the twins with Scott behind him yelling for him to wait. Alistair decided to follow after them. Even being human, with all his years of training and missions, he was only a little bit behind them.

None of them seemed to mind the fact that they weren't even trying to hide their inhuman capacities. He lost sight of Isaac and the twins, only being able to follow Scott. Arriving behind him to a secluded area of the forest, he could only see as the twins were holding Isaac down, Scott got there and punched one, and they all started to growl at each other like dogs claiming a territory. Alistair couldn't help but roll his eyes at the dramatic display of dominance, it was being all show, and no do.

He was going to approach them when a scream pierced through the woods. Running in the direction of the scream, he found a bunch of students standing around a tree, murmuring and astonished. In a tree was hanging a man, strangled with what looked like a cable.

Fifteen minutes after, the sheriff arrived, alongside David and another deputy. Stiles immediately approached his father to tell him about the body, while Alistair approached David.

"This one looks exactly like the other two bodies we have found this week", David told his son.

"That means there's a pattern, can't be a coincidence." Alistair thought for a moment. "Seems too polished to be a werewolf kill, you know what that looks like?" The question came with a somber tone, one that expressed how dark everything would get if he was right.

"Sacrifices", was all David could say, with the same somber tone and the worry clear in his face. After that, he left his son to approach the sheriff, ordering the students to leave the scene.

Alistair saw that Isaac, Scott, and Stiles were together talking, and decided to approach, listening to their conversation, hearing how Isaac was blaming the twins for the crime, Alistair doubted that, while Stiles was also talking about sacrifices, he was definitely smarter than people gave him credit for.

He stopped in front of them and crossed his arms over his chest, the others stopped walking.

"Do you think is a coincidence? They appear and people star dying", was Isaac's sharp question.

Stiles answered, "no, but I don't think it's them", Scott had a clueless expression on his face, looking from one side to the other like a lost puppy, it was quite the adorable scene, if you forgot about the dead body in the back.

Stiles was looking incredulously at Scott after he said that Isaac had a point and that human sacrifices didn't make sense. He looked at Alistair, before looking back and, gathering all the sarcasm on his body and using his hands to show his point and exasperation, he questioned how Scott's disbelief in sacrifices was inadequate, considering the fact that he could change so many parts of his body and come back to normal.

Scott could only look back at Isaac and say, "that's a good point".

The three looked at Alistair, silently questioning him for his opinion.

"We are still investigating this, let's not jump to conclusions and get in trouble". He didn't want to take a part in their discussion, but after a momentary pause, he added, "but Stiles is right, this doesn't have any wolfy characteristic. We've seen this before, and yes, they are probably sacrifices. Who and why are still the important questions".