𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

The sun was shining brightly and warmly from its usual place, letting the outskirts of the forest surrounding the house have a vivid feeling to them, it radiated such a peaceful aura that for moments you could forget that there had been like nine human sacrifices and murders in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks to the heat of the day, sweat was streaming down her forehead, arms and back, and it was starting to make her clothes feel sticky. She hasn't had the chance to rest in the last half hour, and she could feel the heat coming out of her very skin.

"Why are you stopping?" was Alistair's hard voice breaking the silence, "I thought you were tired of doing spells inside," he raised a brow with a smug smirk on his face, she knew he was using her own past complaints as her signing to a sentence to suffering.

"We've been at this for over an hour!" the girl whined, breathless and tired.

Ignoring her complaints, Alistair readied another piece of wood to throw, "remember, or you push it out of your way, or you break it." He then threw the wood at her.

She had mere second to remember the incantation, extending her right hand, she said, "Motus," out of the palm of her hand, she felt the energy emission go forward, hitting the wood and sent it flying back to Alistair, who dodged it easily.

(...)

After another half hour, Alistair decided it was enough suffering for one day.

He knew he was being ruthless with Michelle, but, taking in count that there was a Darach out there making human sacrifices and an alpha pack on the way to unleash mayhem in the town, he thought he was being not only reasonable and cautious, but he was also making sure Michelle was never totally reliant on her magic to go out of any situation.

Laying with her back on the floor, trying to not drown in her sweat, Michelle said breathlessly, "I think whoever it is, she's close to finish. Every time she completes a new set of three, there's this wave of energy, but also the whispers of the spirits." This caught Alistair's attention for completely. "They are scared. Of what she could do with all that power."

Alistair's mind was racing, trying to comprehend his sister's words completely, "wait a damn second, did you just say 'she'?" His eyes were open in question.

Getting up from the floor and grabbing her bottle of water, Michelle simply said, "that's what they say, they aren't sure if she'll stop after her revenge." And with that, she turned to make her way inside the house, leaving Alistair to his own thoughts. "Also, I'll be shopping with Lydia, don't call me."

And she left, Alistair questioning how those two here actually friends.

(...)

That day in the school, in changing period, while he was on his locker, his mother approached him, making him look at her questioningly.

"Good morning, love, remember to go to your appointment with the counselor." It was all Esther said before continuing her way.

Confusion took over Alistair, he didn't remember any appointment. Nonetheless, he decided to go and get over with it.

(...)

Upon reaching the door and opening it, he saw the woman seated, the same woman who assaulted Allison the night in the bank. Avoiding being close to her, he decided to cross his arms over his chest and recline his shoulder on the wall next to the door.