𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Inside Scott's room, the atmosphere was tense, there was a clash in morals, and different conclusions of what to do next, now that Scott and Stiles took the money from Garret and Violet.

"It's half a million dollars, Scott. What are you going to do with it? Hide it beneath your mattress?" asked Stiles.

"I need to speak with Derek. That's his money" countered Scott.

"His, and Peter's," said Alistair, giving Scott a significant look.

"What are you trying to mean?"

Stiles and Alistair shared a knowing look for a few seconds.

"It means that maybe we should act with precautions." Stiles offered.

"You don't think we should tell Derek?"

Sighing, Stiles stood up. "No. I think we should tell Derek. But we should also remember that a part of that money is Peter's."

Scott only looked like a lost puppy, clearly missing the entire point.

"Scott," Alistair started in a more serious voice. "Peter is a psychopathic murderer. People like him are beyond helping, he's never going to change. Let's be honest here, while we're here, he's probably out there, plotting how to get any of us killed. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he was helping Kate."

"We have to return the money to Derek," argued Scott.

"That's totally not the point, like at all," Alistair said, defeated and annoyed.

As Stiles was about to argue with Scott's annoying moral compass, Malia entered the room. Scott pushed the money behind the bed before Malia appeared, telling them that they founded Satomi's pack, and that Derek and John had taken Braeden to the hospital.

In the school's hall, outside their designed classroom, the atmosphere was tense, stressed, anxious, and in panic.

They were about to start their PSAT exam, and not many people felt ready. Among those was Malia, who seemed to refuse to take it. Lydia had clearly taken the test years before.

Scott was trying to reassure Malia.

"You're going to do it. Because while we try not to die, we must live. If we survive this, I would like to go to a good uni."

"We can do this," said Kira in a very anxious voice. "It's just three hours. We'll survive for three hours."

Alistair looked at her like she'd gone mad, not very far from Stiles' absurd face.

Quickly enough, they entered the room. Marking their fingerprint on the form, taking their exam sheets, pencils, and leaving their phones in a paper box, next, each one took their assigned seat.

Lydia's mother, as the substitute, was assigned to watch over the exam. But the coach, who had been assigned as the other teacher to watch, was late, so she went outside to look for him. Apparently, they couldn't start the test without the two assigned teachers.

The proctor decides to start the exam in only Mrs. Martin's and his own presence.

For the first fifteen minutes, everything goes smoothly. Alistair responded in a cool speed, not rushing too much, but not getting behind.

By his periphery, he could see Stiles' rushed wat of answering, until he came to a halt. Malia seemed to be unable to start, taking off her jacket. Then, a girl simply fainted, eliciting all their attention.

As Mrs. Martin went to assist the girl by the name of Sydney, Alistair took a closer look at the girl. She seemed to be sweating, and her eyes seemed a little bit off focus. Mrs. Martin asked if she was alright, and the girl said she was only a bit dizzy. But Mrs. Martin spots the some marking on her wrist, but Sydney isn't sure since when they appeared.