𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

The cool breeze of the midnight was more than welcome by his skin, and the muscles of his back thanked him as he stretched his arms upwards. The past weeks have been chaotic and stressful. Both, as Keeper and as Undersheriff. But of course, apparently, a man can't enjoy a little walk to his car in Beacon Hills.

No matter how much effort the other put in his footing, Werelion's senses were probably the most acute of any were creature. That, combined with the tendency of Beacon Hills' villains for dramatics, practically secured his survival, even before the confrontation started.

And so, David's steps came to a halt. The man behind him did the same. With a sigh, David spoke, his eyes fixed ahead.

"Deputy Smith, if you turn right back, and walk away, I'll pretend this didn't happen at all."

Only silence responded for a few tense moments, the only thing to hear was the lost whispers of the wind.

"I want to know what you are and why you worth so much in the list," the deputy responded.

With a bored expression, David turned around. William Smith was young, 25, deputy for the last 2 years — and utterly stupid to even consider doing the fool thing he was doing. There was something antagonistic in his expression as the gun in his hand aimed at David's chest.

"What good would that do, boy? You'll be dead before you even understand what it means."

"How will the Undersheriff explain the murder on one of his deputies?" William asked with a smirk.

As they locked eyes, David moved. His moves were so graceful and swift, that the deputy didn't even have a chance to catch them. Too focused on trying to be intimidating. The next moment William blinked; David already had a grip on his wrist.

It didn't take much effort to star to crack the bones beneath the skin. As William gasp loudly, the Keeper raised the gripped wrist, and with the pressure on William's hand, the gun fired in the air with a loud bang.

"You didn't even buy a silencer, you fool," the Keeper mocked.

The deputy started to whimper and beg for forgiveness. Something that wasn't coming his way, not after this fool stunt.

"I gave you the chance to leave, but my patience has run out," said David, as the pupils of his eyes started to glimmer in bright crimson red.

The man only had three seconds to scream, before pointy long fangs pierced the skin of his neck, with force enough to start breaking the bones, muscle, and tendons. And after he felt the blood spilling down his chest, David let go, and the body fell like a puppet that just lost its strings.

With an annoyed sigh, David started to get rid of the evidence.

"David, have you seen Smith?" asked the sheriff.

The Keeper looked up from his computer. "Nope. He didn't turn up today, why?"

Noah, the sheriff, shrugged. "Doesn't matter. You may want to come and hear this," he gestured towards his office, where two teenagers, Stiles and Lydia, were waiting.

Turns out, they had the theory that Lydia's grandmother, who has been dead for years, actually faked her death. Not only that, but they also thought she was, either helping, or actually was the Benefactor.

The theory had, somehow, a good basis, but the execution and explanation made no sense, and showed only many inconsistent conjectures.

After they explained, the Sheriff walked out to request Parrish to come. Turns out, no one had seen Parrish as of recent. No even his desk mate, Haigh, though, he did look strangely pleased about the other's absence.