𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Nobody knew what girl, nor guy, the shirtless boy was talking about. This only generated more confusion in everyone, as the boy himself didn't knew them. Trying to derivate the attention from the boy and bring it back to Alistair, Derek said, "We'll talk about this people later Isaac". Looking back at Alistair, he said, "did you just mention the Keepers?", He frowned with a contemplative face.

"What? What are these Keepers?" Stiles questioned, looking from Derek back to Alistair, his face expressing how lost he felt.

Alistair decided to take this moment to answer their questions, and explain himself, "yes; the Keepers are an ancient organization, older than the first formal hunting clan", this piece of information made both Stiles and Scott look at him with disbelief painted in their faces while Derek remained stoic, as if he already knew this. "While it is obvious what hunters do, the Keepers have been the ones in charge of making sure the supernatural and the human world don't collide with one another". He then looked at Scott and asked, "don't you think it's very convenient how every unexplainable event that could be related to the supernatural has always been answered with the most mundane explanation or plainly registered as nothing more than a myth or legend?" This made the teenager look at him with an open mouth. "The Keepers have been the ones to always made as many humans as possible avoid the supernatural world".

"Why would a group of people go to such lengths for that?" Stiles inquired, still not seeing the whole picture.

"Because, I don't if you had notice, but the supernatural leaves a stain, not only for those who belong to it, obviously, but also for those humans like us who interact with them". He paused, and finished smugly, "also, it's not like we are twenty. The organization has thousands of agents around the globe".

While the teenager's faces expressed their disbelief, Derek had a contemplating look on his face when he addressed Alistair, "but, I had thought the Keepers left Beacon Hills decades ago", this made both Scott and Stiles look back at him with inquisitive faces.

"They did; after signing the accords of safety with the Hale Pack, which I suppose is yours".

Derek's face tensed, revealing he felt taken aback with this information, he could only manage to softly day "yes".

"You have my condolences on your lost. But, after the burning of the Hale Household and the incredible reduction of supernatural activity, the Keepers assumed it unnecessary for our presence to be maintained here. That was, of course, until Gerard Argent happened to the town".

Hearing such recollection of past and recent history, Stiles couldn't help but very breathlessly interrupt, "wait, wait, wait, hold on. How on earth do you know so much about this town? And how do you even know who Gerard Argent is?" He had a very confused look on his face while inclining his head to one side, like a lost puppy, giving Alistair an adorable picture.

"There is no hunting activity that didn't pass through the Keepers on any level. Gerard spent weeks trying to make his extermination plead get approved. Of course, it wasn't, but that didn't stop him from doing it behind our backs. That's the reason the whole Argent clan was banned from hunting".

While taking in all the new information, nobody knew what to say, each was on their own head, trying to process everything and decide what step to take next. Seeing as he wasn't going to receive any answer in the near future and rolling his eyes exasperated, Alistair decided to conclude his part, "I believe there will be time in the future to ask more questions and give more information, but there are two werewolves missing I don't think they have much time left".

Derek was the first to answer, still looking at Alistair suspiciously, "I don't know you; how could I know if a can trust you. We are talking about the safety of my betas", his frown and tense body language revealing very clearly his learned distrust from past experiences.