𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐 - 𝐏𝐭. 𝟏

Chris' emotions were evident on his face, a mix of relief and gratitude that he couldn't fully express in words. As Chris took him a few steps aside to speak privately, Alistair could see the fatigue in his eyes.

"What happened?" His voice sounded so tired; the poor man was probably emotionally exhausted.

With a deep breath to steady himself, Alistair still felt a little shaken, Allison dying was, for a moment, a reality closer than he felt comfortable with. Looking back at the man, Alistair sighed, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder, he said, "Nothing a little bit of Vampire blood couldn't heal." Chris' surprise was palpable, and for a moment, he seemed lost for words.

But then something unexpected happened – Chris embraced him. Alistair froze for a moment, not sure how to react. This was not something he would ever expect, especially from someone like Chris.

After the confusion passed, Alistair reciprocated the hug, gently patting Chris' back in an attempt to offer comfort.

In a soft, almost vulnerable voice, Chris thanked Alistair, and the sincerity behind those words struck a chord within him. Alistair knew that they were all fighting for the same thing, to save their loved ones and to put an end to the Nogitsune.

"You have nothing to thank me for, Chris," Alistair responded, placing a reassuring hand on the man's shoulder. "This is what we do."

As Chris smiled, Alistair couldn't help but feel a sense of unity among them. With a final nod of understanding, Alistair walked away, his mind now focused on checking on the others.

After the tumultuous events of the previous night, feeling part of the guilt, Noshiko offered to take Stiles back to her home. The boy, not wanting to be left alone while Scott accompanied Chris and Allison, turned to Alistair and asked him to come along as well.

Settling into the comforting ambiance of the Yukimuras' living room, Noshiko offered chamomile tea to soothe their frayed nerves. Meanwhile, Alistair was a little far away, in a phone call with his parents, recounting the events at Eichen House.

"He's not safe here," Mr. Yukimiura asserted, arriving at the scene.

"He's not safe anywhere," Noshiko countered, her voice tinged with concern and determination.

As Alistair finished his call, he inadvertently overheard the last part of Kira's comment, "Allison and Alistair managed to kill two of them. That must mean something."

"That's not possible," Mr. Yukimura objected, puzzled by the claim.

"Actually, it was very possible," Alistair interjected, capturing everyone's attention. "Two of them died; Two of them died, we all saw them glow and explode. The ground literally trembled beneath us." He reached for the double-edged sword strapped to his back and presented it under the group's inquisitive looks. "This is made of silver," he explained, his eyes meeting theirs. "It went inside its chest, and after a few seconds, kaboom. It was the same with Allison's arrowheads, they were made of silver."

Mr. Yukimura carefully inspected the silver edges of the sword, "It's pure silver?" he inquired, receiving a nod of confirmation from the Keeper. "Interesting choice of horses," he remarked with a hint of fascination while watching the designs in the silver.

Unaffected by the attention, Alistair shrugged nonchalantly, "Yeah, I had a horse phase when I was young."

Stiles chimed in humorously, "I had a Greek Mythology phase when I was younger."

Alistair responded with a wry smile, "Well, I'm Greek, so it's not that fascinating when you hear it all the time." The revelation surprised everyone, making them realize they hadn't known his heritage before.