𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

And so, the Rookwood family was reunited in their living room at 3 am. After the disastrous events of last night, no one felt comfortable going to sleep. Yes, everyone survived, which was part of their goal, but still, Scott's mom was taken, and Cora was still dying, not to mention Scott, in his desperation, stupidly left with Deucalion.

Michelle especially felt extremely guilty for being unable to do something to help Cora, they already spent all the way home trying to convince her she tried her best, because, hell, she even started to bleed from her nose by the time her parent took her home, but she was just as hardheaded as anyone else in the family.

"I know I can do something, but she was just- ", she let an exasperated breath go out, "it was there. I could feel it, but it was like, like it was cloaked." Everyone looked at her, but no one was able to say anything to help her. Frustrated, Michelle only sighed, standing up she said, "I'll go meditate. Maybe the spirits can guide me to an answer." And left the room. Everyone looked at the others, not really sure how to proceed.

Alistair's parents had already made their declaration to the FBI, and they should be out of their hair for a while, at least, until the sheriff returned.

In the profound silence of the dawn, everyone was in their own mind, but Alistair was stressed, they needed to come up with a plan to do something and do it fast.

"You said Scott left with Deucalion, right?", was David's voice, breaking their silence. Alistair nodded. "I've had encounters with him before, your mom and I will try to find him and talk with him. He can't go trusting Deucalion with anything."

Feeling his energy start to renew, with his father's words. They were finally deciding what to do. "While you two are on that, I'll go to the Argent's, they must be there with Stiles." He paused for a moment, thinking what else to say, then, he pointed to his father, "you and Chris worked on those maps. Maybe we can use them to deduce where will be the next person taken or where the missing guardians are."

And lastly, they all looked at John, waiting to know what he'll be doing. He raised his eyes from the floor, feeling their gazes on him. He shrugged, and said, "I'll just go to Derek's place; he's not having it fun right now." Everyone smirked at him with their knowing brows raised, he only scoffed, "oh come on, laugh all you want. I'm new to this stuff."

Letting out a loud laugh, Esther stood up and said, "I think it's adorable." Then, she retreated to take the equipment they would need.

When he was about to leave the room, David stopped Alistair, "I know this doesn't make any sense now, but, when the time comes, just trust Chris." But, before Alistair could question that cryptic message, David was already out of sight.

Alistair hoped to never have to enter that house again, but there he was, in Chris' studio, alongside Stiles and the Argents. They were discussing who the next guardian to be taken would be. Stiles and Alistair were convinced Chris was the next one, because someone has written his name with blood in the doors of the hospital's elevator for a reason.

"I think it could have been Morrell, she knows more than she says, maybe she wants to help." Was Allison's voice.

"Well, she is the alpha's emissary. One of them knew Jennifer before, she could know something." Alistair was rationalizing, trying to understand all the different pieces of information, and even more, trying to leave aside his distaste towards Morrell. "But more than to help us, I think, is because they are scared of her. Of what she can do once the sacrifices are finished."

While Stiles was trying his best to not freak out thinking about his father's state, Alistair could only move to his side, softly rubbing his shoulder while the boy was seated on a couch.