𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 - 𝐏𝐭. 1

Alistair was pacing through the clinic, seeing as the others hadn't woken up, he started to worry, Deaton said they would most probably take a while, but it's been hours, everyone was becoming restless.

And, as the tension in the room reached its peak, Alistair's gaze never wavered from the motionless figures submerged in the water-filled tubs. When he was about to question Deaton if he could do something to wake them up, they did.

In a sudden flurry of movement, the three teenagers broke free from the confines of the water, their bodies propelled upwards with a surge of urgency. Arms sliced through the liquid, grasping onto the tub's edges, as if desperate to anchor themselves to reality. Gasps of breath escaped their lips, as their lungs greedily absorbed as much oxygen as they could.

Recovering, the three of them started to explain what they saw in between each other's explanation. To conclude: the Nemeton was a big tree; something Alistair already guessed, considering the Druids always had one like that for their rituals and stuff. The three teenagers had come in contact with it at some point in the past; near it was where Scott was beaten by Peter, and Allison and her mother almost run him over.

Scott sounded very sure when he said they could find the Nemeton. The other four looked at each other worryingly, when questioned, they explained that they had been in the water for over sixteen hours.

"We were in the water for sixteen hours?" was Scott's question.

Extending dry towels to them, Alistair said, "the full moon is in less than four hours."

(...)

When discussing what to do next, Scott said he was going to look for Deucalion, but, of course, everyone objected to that. When Allison asked Deaton to tell Scott he was wrong, Esther entered the clinic, and said, in a very gentle but stern voice, "you know, circumstances like this, sometimes require you to unite with people you'd normally call your enemies," she said this while looking directly at Allison, the girl clearly got the message when she avoided her eyes.

But Isaac wasn't having any of it, "so we'll trust him? The one who calls himself Death, the Destroyer of Worlds, we're gonna trust that guy?"

Esther and Deaton locked eyes, before the latter said, "we won't trust in him. But you could use him to your advantage, Deucalion can be the enemy, but also the bait." This statement left the teens to think.

When they were about to keep talking, they heard the door opening, there was one of the alpha twins, Ethan. He requested Lydia's help to stop his brother and Kali from killing Derek.

(...)

John was with Derek on the loft, alongside Cora and Peter, discussing what to do, considering the full moon was close to rise, and the promise of destruction with it. When suddenly, the doors opened, revealing Lydia and Ethan, who shivered at the sight of John, remembering his past encounters with him.

The twin explained how Kali and his brother were coming to kill Derek right now with the full moon. When Derek questioned if they wanted him to just run, Peter said, filled with sarcasm, "no. I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish." Then, with a deadpanned expression, he finished, "of course I want you to run."

When he looked back at his sister, Cora said, "if you want to fight and die for something, I'm with you. But do it for something meaningful."

"How can you know I'll lose?"