𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

They were surrounded by a sepulchral silence. Such a void silence, that it allowed them to hear clearly what happened on the outside of the room without the necessity of superhuman hearing. Minutes after entering, they heard steps coming and stopping at the other side of the door, as if considering on entering or not. The ammonia seemed to do its job, as they couldn't catch any essence and kept their way.

Minutes after the steps went another way, far from them, Alistair received a message. His father was telling him that, according to his investigation, the insides of the bank's vault, where the lost werewolves were being kept, was made of moonstone.

This information alerted Alistair, he knew Derek and Scott were planning on going inside the vault to take the betas out. He needed to warn them of the danger they were in. After texting his father to take the rest of the family and be ready, he called Scott.

"Alistair, this is not a good moment to call", was Scott's immediate answer.

With an urgent voice, Alistair responded, "Scott, you need to hear me and get the hell out of there, like right now. The vault's walls are made of moonstone, it's a mineral that reflects the moon light to the outside, impeding it to enter".

"Wha- What does that mean?"

"It keeps the moonlight outside, they haven't felt the moonlight in months, Scott, they haven't changed. They lost their tolerance and control over the full moon. They will be guided by their bloodlust, stronger and more violent. Completely out of control". On the other side of the call, Scott was silent for a moment, taking in the worrying information and seeing the betas come out, ready for war and out for blood.

He heard Scott and Derek talking, with Derek mentioning someone was his sister, Alistair assumed she was in the vault as well. Seconds later, alongside grunts and growls, the call was ended.

After assuming the fight had begun, Alistair and Allison left the closet and went searching for them.

They were guided by the sound of growling, fighting and claws against skin.

When they arrived, Scott and Derek were fighting and being overpowered by three lost and angry werewolves, attacking them mercilessly. Alistair noticed the circle of mountain ash on the floor, preventing the five of them from leaving. Allison was panicking, not knowing what to do or how to help.

After seeing how Boyd had Scott clawed in the torso, holding him and raised him from the ground, Erika and the other girl were over Derek, Alistair called, "HEY! Wolfies!", while he bent, he heard Derek yelling at him, telling him to not break the seal. He did it anyway, following his own plan. After breaking the mountain ash seal, Alistair grabbed Allison and pushed her with himself against the outside wall, blocking them from the sight of the werewolves, who took run to the outside.

Alistair, with his phone in his hand, texted his father, letting him know the wolves had left.

Derek immediately approached them angry, "what were you thinking!?"

No giving Derek's rage any importance, Alistair only said, "we did what we needed to do. You're welcome, by the way".

This only made Derek angrier, with Scott defending them, "they just saved our lives".

"Yeah? And what do you think they will do now!?", with every passing moment, Derek only got angrier. "You have no idea what was set free".

Before Alistair could voice how incompetent they were, a now angry Allison responded, starting a discussion with Derek, "you want to blame me? I'm not the one who turn teenager in murderers".

"No. That's your family's job". Alistair had to do an effort to stop himself from chuckling, hiding his mouth with his right hand.

"I made mistakes, Gerard is not my fault". Alistair rolled his eyes in the background. That simple name awakens such fury inside him.