𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

When Alistair, Scott, and Stiles entered Derek's loft, she was already there, Jennifer Blake. She was so shamelessly asking Derek to protect her from the teenagers, stating they were manipulating information, accusing her of crimes she didn't commit. Alistair had to admit it, that woman was a hell of an actor, for around five minutes she acted like a genuine victim, with such an innocent look on her face, looking so bewildered and vulnerable, in such need of protection.

Minutes after, when she saw he wasn't believing anything from her, she stepped back, and, from behind Derek, John emerged. With a lazy and unimpressed expression, he looked at the teacher and said, "we already know you're behind the sacrifices, just spill the beans and save us all time, hun." It was incredible to see her trying so hard to keep her facade and failing so miserably. She looked back and forth as a deer caught in the headlights, refusing to let her act fall, and honestly, if he hadn't seen her tying the cable around Lydia's neck, he would have given her, at the least, the benefit of the doubt.

Starting to get frustrated, and the rage starting to pour through her mask, being now fed up, she stated the trio could prove none of their accusations. But then, Scott stepped forwards with a little vessel containing a coffee looking powder. While opening it, he said, "my boss told me this is a poison and a cure at the same time, which means you can use it, and it can be used against you."

With her teeth clenched and looking now worried, Jennifer only questioned with a shaky voice, "mistletoe?", and before anyone knew, Scott opened the container and threw the powder on her, and, as she started to fight it, throwing her arms in the air, trying to take it off herself, they saw it, she changed for seconds, in her place was a figure with a skin so pale it was paper white, and her face was covered with scars, deep scars disfiguring it and leaving it unrecognizable, the same figure Alistair saw the day before.

Seeing as her act was defeated, she tried to run, but Derek immediately grabbed her by the throat and lifted her body from the floor. As her last resource, she desperately claimed to be needed, as she was the one who poisoned Cora, who was in the hospital, vomiting black blood with mistletoe. Then, she also claimed to be the only one capable of giving them the location of Stiles' dad.

And seeing this, seeing, and almost feeling the desperation in the teary eyes of the boy, Derek had no other option but to let her go unwillingly, throwing her body on the floor.

(...)

They reached the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital amongst a raging storm. The surrounding trees were violently being moved by the strong winds, and the space was filled with the consequent sound of the heavy rain drops falling, while the skies were being lighted by the lightnings, followed by the roar of thunders.

Upon entering the hospital, all they saw was chaos. There were, at the very least, thirty scared people screaming and yelling around the whole place. Alistair got a glimpse of some of the window glasses were broken with invasive tree branches coming in, letting the wind and rain the storm was carrying in along all its raging sounds. Soon they understood, the hospital was being evacuated.

Along the entrance, they saw Melissa McCall, taking the lead and guiding everyone in their respective directions. When they approached her, she questioned why they were there, but, after explaining at best they could, she told them where to find Cora, and how to aboard the last ambulances coming.

(...)

After they took the elevator, which was an awkward trip, considering Derek was gripping Jennifer's arm and the other four were standing there watching her every breath with Stiles gripping the baseball bat in his hands ready to smack her head upon any suspicious movement.