hickeys

"what kind of music do you listen to?" felony asked me as we drove on the highway

"r&b," i shortly responded, still angry at the game she pulled on me earlier. she chuckled, noticing my bland response.

"when we come back, i'll give you what you want." felony said and i started to get excited about what waits for me when we come back home.

my excitement immediately dampened when i realized that dad will also be home, too.

"but what about my father?" i asked her, turning my head to look at her.

felony smirked a little, "can you be quiet?"

oh-

"i-i don't know."

"guess we'll have to see then, don't we?"

shit, that is so risky.

a quiet silence fell over us, only the music being played in the back; bryson tiller - been that way.

my mind ran on my best friend who i haven't spoken to in so long. i decided to call her, hoping that she doesn't say anything too loud through the phone and felony hears. 

ann-marie answered within a split second as if she was waiting for me to call her.

"hmm, got so distracted by her that you can't even call me no more." i could hear the disapproval in her tone and it made me laugh. felony glanced at me slightly before focusing back on the road.

"the phone works both ways, marie."

"i don't care."

i chuckled, "what's up?" i asked as i realized that we weren't too far from the restaurant. 

"oh, i'm just here," marie sighed, "i want tea, news, everything. have y'all fucked as yet? kissed? gone on dates? done sneaky shit?"

"one, almost. two, yes. three, no. four, wouldn't say it is because the other was absent so all alone." i tried my best to make it seem like i wasn't talking about her on the phone.

"why are you talking like you're lacking gr-" ann-marie became silent, "you're beside her." she whispered in realization, "you fucked her and now y'all are cuddled."

"it would be the other way around, marie," i laughed, "and none of that. she's driving me to dinner with my father."

"ooh," marie teased, "dinner with papa, hmm? naughty, naughty girl. after you kissed his fiance, you're going to sit in front of him and eat like all is okay."

i shook my head and i heard marie laugh from the phone, "she said he's..." i glanced at felony as i spoke, "cheating on her." 

her facial expressions are neutral as i clearly spoke about her on the phone. she slowed down at the speed light and i heard marie gasped.

"your papa? oh my. i need to see you to get this tea better." 

i hummed.

"you can come over tomorrow." i said and marie did a shout of victory.

"nice, and i need every detail. who initiated it first and how did it happen."

"sure." i responded and we bid our goodbyes. 

felony drove off from the stoplight and flickered the indicator and turned left. 

"who was that?" she asked as i rest the phone on my lap.

"my best friend, ann-marie."

felony nodded slowly and clicked her tongue against her teeth.

we didn't speak to each other for the rest of the journey and soon, she was pulling up in the parking lot of the fast food restaurant. felony turned off the car and flicked the locks shut before i opened the door.

i looked over at her.

"you never checked yourself before you left the house, didn't you?" she smirked at me and i give her a confused look.

"is my makeup smudged?" i asked her and she shook her neck.

"no, but i believe you'll need it," i narrowed my eyes at her. what is she not telling me? "i may or may not have left a few hickeys on your neck."

i pulled down the sun visor and looked in the mirror that was on it. i turned my neck slightly and indeed, there are a few dark spots on my neck. i stared in horror. it looked like an animal bit me.

"felony! fucking-" i gritted my teeth to stop myself from cursing more and turned to glare at her. 

she gives me a sheepish smile.

"there's makeup in the storage."

i quickly opened it and went through the stuff before finding a makeup pouch. i opened it and took out the makeup and looked at the number. i quickly swiped some over my neck before taking the sponge and dimming it on my neck to match my skin tone. it didn't take long for me to do so. i put in back the pouch in the storage and felony placed her hand on my cheek and turned my head towards her. 

"are you mad at me?"

"no," i grumbled, avoiding eye contact with her to prove the opposite of my response.

"look at me and tell me that."

i looked in her eyes and my lips parted to give my response but it got stuck in my throat as i got lost in her eyes. yes, they were plain and brown but her eyes are mesmerizing. 

"i'm sorry," felony said softly and i nodded, swallowing harshly.

"it's okay."

she leaned over and placed her lips on mine. the kiss only lasted for a quick second but it was enough for me. felony placed my hair behind my ears and i felt her lipgloss on my lips making me fold my lips together. she smiled and flickered the locks on the door. i got out and so did she. we entered the restaurant together and a waiter came to greet us.

"reservation or booking?"

"reservation." i answered.

"name?"

"thompson," i responded and the waiter nodded.

"right this way, ma'am." 

felony and i followed behind the waiter and he led us to where my father sits. there are three chairs around the table and i smiled at the sight of my father.

"dad," i cheered, like i didn't just kissed his fiance.

i have come to terms that i can't help who i fall for. it just happens to be my stepmother of all people. 

"pumpkin!" he smiled widely and him and felony acknowledged each other. she pulled out my chair for me and i sat down, thanking her. she sat beside me as my father sat in front of us. 

"how are my favorite women doing?"