clearance

i sighed as i sat down on the couch beside arielle

i sighed as i sat down on the couch beside arielle. tiffany cursed lowly as she threw the controller at the tv.

"stupid police," she grumbled. i looked at the screen and she went to take up the controller and paid the bounty. she's playing need for speed, most wanted.

"tiffany," i called out to her and she looked at me, "i want to ask you something about marie."

she nodded and arielle pushed  the plate of tortillas to me and i took out a few in my hand.

"what'd you mean when you said that you told her that felony doesn't want her and how do you know her?" i asked, picking my words carefully. i glanced at arielle and she smiled widely at me.

"i already know so don't worry."

i nodded.

"we dated in january, we only dated for three weeks. turns out she only got out to me because she wanted to date felony, no interest in me. she was also in it for the money," she pointed the controller at me, "I told her that she was engaged but she still didn't listen. she'd always ask me for felony's number, her whereabouts and whatnot but i wouldn't know because i haven't seen that motherfucker since september." tiffany explained, "and she also didn't favor me so i tried everything to avoid felony. it was to my utmost surprise when her crazy fan with an obsessive behavior reached out to me."

oh.

i frowned at the newly received information and sighed.

"where is she?"

"the room before you got to the inside pool," she said and i nodded.

i got up and was about to leave but tiffany called out to me.

"im really happy you're dating felony. you're good for her," tiffany said and arielle agreed as she happily munched on her cheesy tortillas.

i smiled and left the room and went to look for marie.

i pushed open the door towards the room that held marie and she looked up at me.

"yes. you've come to free me. fina—"

i cut her off with a smack in the face.

"i've known you for years, marie, and this is the kind of person that you are?" i asked her lowly, "im disappointed. i thought– i thought we would grow up together," i said and wiped my eyes angrily as tears pooled in my eyes, "you set out for my girlfriend, went out of your way to take pictures of us, go into my intimate life and try to ruin it. why? all because of a stupid obsession!"

marie stared up at me, guilt swirling in her eyes. it was there but it was faint.

"couldn't you let me have this peacefully?" i asked her as a sob wracked through my body.

"m-mira–"

"don't you dare utter my name." i shook my head, "im done with you and whatever friendship or ties we had."

"please don't leave me like this," marie said sadly and i scoffed as i looked down at her.

she was restrained with ropes around her wrists and legs. now that i realized it, there was blood seeping from her stomach. i lifted her shirt and saw a wound, looking like a stab.

that must've happened recently.

i walked away from her and she called out to me. i didn't look back as tears pooled in my eyes, trickling down my cheeks. i closed the door, locking it and leaned my back against the door. a sob came from my throat and i slid down the door as i sobbed.

my best friend.

how could she?

i trusted her.

i told her all about felony.

i stayed at the door, sobbing for a while before calming down and getting up. i went to our room and got under the covers and i saw my phone on the nightstand and took it up. there were four messages from felony.

mon amour❤️‍🩹 - my loveeeee
- are you angry at me?
- serves you right
- next time – don't let there be a next time – you act right so that i can treat you accordingly.

i chuckled and texted her a middle finger to purposely mess with her. i rested my phone down with a sad sigh and closed my eyes, willing sleep to me.

-