36. Unexpected Encounters : Caught Between Brother and Fiancé

Third Person's POV,

"And you are telling me this now!" Vani exclaimed in pure shock as Sanam dropped the bomb about her engagement.

Vani Sharma was a bit crazy—actually, not just a bit, but a full package of craziness and madness. If you stayed with her for some time, you were sure to turn out like her; there was absolutely no doubt about that.

But thankfully Sanam didn't. She's the only one who can handle her craziness but she is thankful to get a friend like her because to survive in the college with so many bunches of people that too alone is not a easy task.

"You don't consider me as your friend, right? That's why you didn't share this big news with me." Vani's tone held a tinge of sadness, and Sanam playfully hit her forehead.

"Stupid! You are the only friend I have in this college. If I didn't consider you my friend then why would I told you that I got engaged." Sanam reassured her, and Vani playfully glared for the "stupid" remark.

"Why are you telling me this now? Why didn't you tell me at the time when you were getting engaged or when your alliance was fixed?" Vani's curiosity was palpable.

"Things happened so fast that I didn't think so much. Or you can say I wasn't in a state to think about anything." Sanam's voice carried a hint of melancholy, sensing the whirlwind of emotions she had gone through.

"Are you forced into this?" Vani's concern was evident, and Sanam reassured her with a gentle touch.

"Stop your brain from overthinking, you silly lily. Everything happened with my will, and I'm happy with my decisions." Sanam's attempt to sound confident carried a trace of uncertainty, visible only to those who knew her well.

She will not be surprised if she said yes. Because Vani knows Sanam very well that she can do anything for her family and can't even think to going against them. She is someone who will place her family's happiness over her.

Vani always wished for Sanam's happiness, understanding the complexities of her family, especially her mysterious mother. Sanam's family, at a distance, seemed picture-perfect – a doting brother, a loving grandma, and a protective mother. However, as one got closer, the shadows of complexities started to surface, revealing a tale untold.

But as you get closer, you will start to see the complications. Things aren't like what they are showing. There are many things which are yet to unfold.

"Tell me about my brother-in-law. What's his name? What does he do? And, most important, how does he look?" Vani's excitement about the details of the mystery man was palpable, and Sanam hesitated before revealing the name. does he look?" Vani asked with excitement and that's when Sanam get perplexed and anxious.

"What happened? Don't tell me you want to hide even this from me? Let me tell you I'll not let you go before you tell me about your fiancé who he is. Tell me each and every details about your prince charming." Vani said and Sanam knows how stubborn this girl is.

"Actually... umm.. his name is Rishabh." Sanam's hesitation was noticeable.

"Rishabh. Nice name." Vani's approval was short-lived as Sanam dropped the bombshell.

"Rishabh Raichand. I'm engaged to him." Sanam's admission hung in the air, and Vani's eyes widened in disbelief.

"What!!"

"Oh my God! Oh my God!"

"Rishabh Raichand!!"

"You... You are..." Vani's excitement was escalating rapidly before Sanam covered her mouth, halting any potential public spectacle.