45. The Star of the Show

Third Person's Pov,

Vishal, wearing a wide smile, stood beside the beautifully decorated cake and adorned with candles. The crowd gathered around, eager to join in the celebration.

Sanam stood among the guests, her eyes sparkling with joy as she watched her friend prepare to blow out the candles. Cheers erupted as Vishal took a deep breath and blew with all his might, the flames flickering and vanishing under his breath.

Amidst the applause, Vishal turned to Sanam, extending his hand with a mischievous grin. "May I have this dance, Sanam?" he asked, his voice filled with warmth and excitement.

Sanam was at first hesitated but she doesn't want to upset him on his birthday so she accepted his invitation, placing her hand in his. They made their way to the center of the room, the music began to play, a melodious tune filling the space.

As they swayed to the rhythm, Vishal led Sanam with grace and confidence, their steps perfectly in sync. Their friends cheered them on, creating an aura of happiness and celebration around them.

As the dance progressed, she noticed a change in Vishal's expression. Suddenly, Vishal halted their movements, his eyes shining with a mixture of nerves and excitement. The music softened, and the room fell into a hushed silence, all eyes fixated on the duo.

With a deep breath, Vishal went down on one knee, his gaze locked onto Sanam's eyes. In front of their friends and loved ones, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet box.

Sanam's heart skipped a beat, her breath caught in her throat. His voice quivered slightly as he spoke, his words filled with sincerity.

"Sanam, I know you know that I consider you more than a friend. It was a love at first sight for me when I saw you for the first time. I knew it you are the one for me. Will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?"

A collective gasp echoed through the room as anticipation hung in the air. Sanam and Vani look at each other flabbergasted, both caught off guard by Vishal's unexpected declaration.

Vani somewhat was expecting it to happen because of the way Vishal insists Sanam to come at his party. But what she didn't expect him to propose her in front of their whole friends.

''He is so dumb!'' Vani muttered rolling her eyes in annoyance and also because of the cheesy picked up lines he used to propose her.

Sanam was in the dilemma what to do. She can't even tell him that she is engaged to someone.

And that someone is none other than Rishabh. The famous billionaire Rishabh Raichand and a rich businessman. She is going to be his wife and knowing how his possessiveness for her, he will definitely not like it if he heard that a guy proposed her.

And mostly importantly, his warnings. He warned her to stay away from other guys. And Sanam know herself how timid and weak she becomes in front of him. Even if she wants, she will not be able to explain him that Vishal is just a friend to her.

Sanam's mind whirled, torn between friendship and the fear of disappointing Rishabh. She felt a surge of panic, not wanting to embarrass Vishal in front of everyone.

With a conflicted expression, she looked into Vishal's eyes. His eyes filled with hope and love, her heart sank.

She didn't want to embarrass him. The pressure in the room intensified, and not knowing what to do, she said yes, and the crowd cheered.

Vishal's eyes lit up with joy, and a wide smile broke across his face. "Really? You mean it, Sanam?" he exclaimed, his happiness evident.

Sanam nodded, "Y-Yes." she said, attempting to sound as convincing as possible.