44. little miss 'I-need-permission,'

Third Person's Pov,

Sanam looked up as Arjun approached, holding two steaming cups of hot chocolate. A faint smile touched her lips.The moonlight cast a soft glow on both of them, creating an atmosphere of serenity.

"Hey," Arjun said softly, handing her one of the cups. "I brought some hot chocolate. I thought it might help us both feel a little better."

Sanam accepted the warm cup, feeling the comforting heat radiate through her hands. She took a sip, savoring the familiar taste and the sweet gesture from her brother.

As they both settled on the swing, Arjun spoke again, his voice filled with remorse. "I know it was so wrong of me to tell you break this alliance because of my stupid instincts about Rishabh. I don't know why do I get so negative vibes from him. I know you must be annoyed with me that I'm being too overprotective about you but I want to let you know your happiness means a lot to me."

"Believe me, I truly want to prove myself wrong about him. I just don't want to break the promise which I made to our father that I'll always ensure your happiness and will protect you with all my might." He heaved a long sighed and she could see the genuine concern in his eyes.

Sanam placed a hand on Arjun's arm, and passed smile of reassurance. "Bhai, you don't have to apologize. Yes, I understand your concerns for me. But trust me, I'll be happy with Rishabh ji. He's not bad. Stop worrying yourself because of me."

"I hope so," He mumbled the words to himself and took a sip of hog chocolate.

They sat in comfortable silence, the moon casting gentle shadows around them. The bond between the siblings grew stronger as they shared a moment of understanding and forgiveness.

***

Next day, Arjun decide to prepare the breakfast by himself for him and Sanam while Arunima and Sumitra went to Raichand's mansion to decide the date for wedding rituals.

''What happened, why aren't you eating?'' Arjun asked and Sanam fumbled her fingers.

Concern crept into his eyes as he observed her fumbling with her fingers, her breakfast untouched on the table.

'"Actually, Vani is requesting me to come at our friend's birthday party.'' Sanam replied.

"So go,'' Arjun chuckled.

"So go what? You know, Mumma will not give me permission and you too don't like when I go outside.'' Sanam said sadly.

Arjun furrowed his brow, realizing that Sanam's hesitation stemmed from the fear of not being granted permission by their mom and his own usual concerns for her safety.

She nervously shuffled in her seat, glancing at her phone to see more messages popping up from her Vani and Vishal, urging her to come.

"You're right, Sanam. Mom can be strict about these things, and I do worry about you." Arjun said in a serious tone.

"Bhai, please," Sanam pleaded, her voice filled with a mix of hope and desperation. "I promise I'll be responsible, and I won't stay out too late. It's just a few hours, and it means a lot to me. Plus, all my friends will be there!"

"Fine, I'll talk to Mom and convince her that it's okay for you to go to the party," Arjun assured her, giving her a reassuring smile.

Sanam's eyes widened in surprise, a glimmer of hope igniting within her. "Really, Bhai? You would do that for me?"

Arjun nodded, reaching across the table to gently squeeze her hand. "Of course, Sanam. You're my sister, and I want you to have fun and enjoy special moments like these. Besides, I trust you to be responsible."