43. Clash of Priorities

Third Person's Pov,

"Mom, why do I feel that all your love, concerns and affection for Sanam in all these few days was just an act? Were you pretending to accept her so that she obliged you and say yes for this proposal?" Arjun asked with a broken voice.

He was mentally praying to God that it shouldn't turn out true because if this happens then her sister will not be able to handle again not at least this time.

"You are getting me wrong, my son. All this is true. Please don't question my affection for my daughter and for you, my son." Sumitra request him and try to pacify him to believe at her words.

"Then prove it by cancelling this wedding!" Arjun demanded, his face expression was cold and devoid of any emotions.

"Fine then. If that's what you want." Sumitra said with a calm expression and Arjun took a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, M-"

"But do you know what Raichands will do to us? They will make our life a living hell! They will ruins us." Sumitra spoke and Arjun gritted his teeth.

"Mom, if that's what you are fearing about then trust me, I'll handle all this. I'll not let any outsiders to create havoc in our lives." Arjun spoke and a tear slid down her cheeks.

"Arjun, tell me how will you do this when your own company is on the verge of bankruptcy. We will be destroyed completely." Sumitra could see how shocked Arjun is.

Arjun hide it from them because he didn't want to see them worried and tensed.

Arjun's heart sank even further as he listened to Sumitra's harsh words. He felt torn between his love for his sister and the pressure to secure their financial stability. The weight of responsibility pressed heavily upon him, clouding his judgment.

"I know you were hiding this from us. But no need to hide anything from me because I know everything. If our company breakdown this time time, then this will happen only because of Sanam." Sumitra spoke, her voice shaky and small.

"Mom, why do you always blame her? What's her fault in all this?" Arjun asked, his voice was mixed with tinge of desperation and helplessness.

He was tired of making her understand that whatever happen in their life is not her fault and will never be.

"I'm not blaming her. I'm saying she has the chance to save his brother from all those humiliation and losses if she don't back out." Sumitra said as her shoulder slump down in a defeated way and sat on her couch.

"I'll take care of all this even if it needs to start all this from scratch once again." Arjun said with determination in his voice.

He will do anything but will not let Rishabh Raichand to ruin her sister's life at any cost.

"How many times will you do that? Don't you have your own life?" Sumitra asked and Arjun wipes her tears off from her cheeks.

"My life revolves around you all and your happiness." Arjun said giving her a gentle smile.

"If your happiness lies in us, then let this wedding happen..."

"Not again, please."

"Arjun, listen to me once. If this wedding happens, Sanam will live her life happily with Rishabh. He will fulfill her every wishes and dreams. And it will also benefit you, your company and us. I'm tired. I want to see my children living happily with their lives." Sumitra blackmail him emotionally showing her fake tears and concerns.

"Mom, please. How do I make you understand.." Arjun took a deep breath, trying to calm himself before responding to Sumitra.

"Mom, I understand that you see financial benefits in this alliance, but we cannot ignore the potential dangers involved," Arjun pleaded, his voice tinged with desperation. "Sanam's happiness and safety should be our top priority right now."