Lost Within Thousands of Souls ~ Chapter 147

"So... you're the one who's meeting me here," Zethus Byleth sighed. Alcryst and him stood there staring at each other. Alcryst adjusted his crown and kept his hands on his bow and arrow. Afraid of what Zethus Byleth was going to do. "I knew you would come to see me, since you're the demon who continues to follow me..."

Alcryst asked, "Why do you call me a demon?! Just what exactly did I do to you in order to make you feel this way!?" Zethus Byleth stared at him and smirked.

"You remind me too much of the Lithoral... you're always trying to follow me and find ways to eliminate me, you don't happen to come from him do you? What about Diamant, does he also come from that... snake?!" Zethus Byleth explained while his face turned to anger.

Alcryst replied while panicked, "I-I don't come from that at all! I just come from the Brodian empire! That's all I come from!"

"None of the empires existed when I was alive, each of you all came from different beings of sorts, you had to come from him no doubt... just like Chrom came from Apollyon!" Zethus Byleth shouted.

Alcryst asked, "That's insane! Chrom didn't come from Apollyon and I didn't come from Lithoral! You're just insane in the head! You just hate him so much you wish to compare him to me!"

"YOU HAVE TO COME FROM HIM!!" Zethus Byleth shouted. Then he cast a spell on Alcryst to make sure his theory was correct. Alcryst backed away in fear but it came to Zethus that Alcryst wasn't related to the Lithoral at all. "You... don't come from him..."

Alcryst yelled, "OF COURSE I DON'T! I NEVER DID IN THE FIRST PLACE!!" Zethus Byleth looked down at himself and then back at Alcryst. "I'm done trying to push myself down! I want to make sure that I go on top and make sure you ARE DESTROYED!"

Zethus Byleth sighed, "You think this, don't you? Same stuff over and over again. You wish to destroy me but you always think of yourself as worthless. That's not going to change a thing, Alcryst, you're going to see yourself as worthless over and over again."

"I CHANGED! I'M NO LONGER GOING TO WEIGH MYSELF DOWN ANYMORE LONGER! I WISH TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN MYSELF, AND THAT STARTS TODAY!" Alcryst shouted. Zethus Byleth looked down at himself and then at Alcryst.

Zethus Byleth sighed, "Years, and years alone... I was always mistreated by Zehira. Thought of worthless, thought as nothing. I see you and see that you have become someone I yearned to be for a long time. You have a lot inside of you but that doesn't change a thing. You're... a hero, a wretched one to be sure. The reasoning I call you a demon is because you're also a symbol of hope.

I despise that with every fiber of my being, being hopeful is something I will not tolerate, not one bit... I know for a fact that you're trying to be the best you can, and I will find a way to stop you. I will destroy you and the remaining heroes. You all fell directly into my trap, my trap in order to have you attempt to save your friends. Now this is nothing, you're all going to bow down to me and I'll rule all of Dawn.

You have all lost, do you have anything else to say about this? No, of course you don't... you don't have anything to say at all. Now... we will watch together as the world will fall into my hands. I would love to see this wretched world fall, the Netherworld will be your new home, and Dawn will be mine..." Alcryst looked at him and raised his bow and arrow.

Alcryst muttered, "I won't let you get away with this, not after everything that has happened. You will never find a way to win... you will never find a way to defeat us, even if you were mistreated... I don't ever wish to be compared to you."

"I see you, and I see someone who I wished to be, do you not see the problem here? YOU WERE SOMEONE I WANTED TO BE! YOU WERE SOMETHING I PRAYED TO BE!! BUT THE LITHORAL TOOK MY CHANCE AWAY!! I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEING SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE GOOD! I WAS SO... SO CLOSE!