16.

Y/N'S POV ::

That feeling when everything in your life goes so well that you start to become suspicious and then eventually you find yourself waiting for your own downhill. I'm doing the same. After that meteor shower night at Jimin's place, I thought everything will fall into their places. Him still teaching me bike, working on our project and then fucking like nothing happened. The pattern was slowly breaking. I could feel myself drowning in his eyes, getting addicted towards his words and simply liking the time I spend with him.

Jimin has started to search books for me. He would tell me to read them and then we'll talk about it for hours. I loved how he led me towards the fictional world. An escape from everything and everyone. He held me there.

"Your mother was almost a psychopath."

Emily's words rings in my brain like a haunted chant. A ghost from my childhood. It's a fact that I'm Yusoo's daughter. The women who was mentally ill. I've tried my best but the thought of me inheriting her traits never left me. I was scared of reading books until Jimin started explaining them. Now, that's a new thing for me. Something that I've never experienced.

I shake my thoughts away before letting out a sigh. It's nearly 1am and I'm still sitting in front of my laptop, trying to study.

Why can't I ever concentrate properly?

Suddenly, I hear the chime sound of my phone indicating that I've received a text. Thinking that it must be one of my friends, I ignore the device seated aside my laptop. I don't receive any notifications after that to which I frown because if it was them then my phone would've been blowing up and I hence I usually silence it. The curiosity gets the better of me and I end up picking up the device. I stare at the screen and nearly feel my heart drop.

It's Jimin.

I don't like how my heart reacts to him or his texts. It shouldn't be this way. I shake my head before replying to his texts.