20.

Y/N'S POV ::

Parents, a people who are supposed to love you selflessly but that's the thing, your parents has expectations from you and it doesn't matter if it costs your happiness. So no, there's a selfishness even in a parent's love.

I see my father's hand wrapped around my wrist as he drags me inside and something inside me just snaps. It snaps so hard that I physically jerk my hand off of his grasp. I can't help but remember every little moment when I needed my father and he wasn't there. I suck in a sharp breath as my father stares at me furiously. "Just what the hell you were doing with that guy?!" He exclaimed. His loud voice bringing my step mother outside of her room and surprisingly my so called step sister arrives at the scene as well.

I stay silent, my eyes burning holes at my father's figure. I'm burning but not with anger, there's something else that I'm feeling. Hurt. "What's wrong, Daniel?" Emily questioned in a soft voice. "Y/n was hanging out with a guy." My father muttered as a scoff left my mouth. "Hanging out with a guy nowadays isn't a big deal,dad as you're trying to make it." I mumbled. "You kissed him." He stated as I blinked my eyes. "Well good thing you saw then because he is not just a guy. He is my boyfriend." I said.

"Kang y/n!!" He yelled out as I let out a sigh. "Yeah right, Kang y/n. The Kang Daniel's one and only daughter. You don't have to remind me dad." I said, tilting my head to the side. "Y/n watch your words when you speak with your father." Emily said as I turned to her. "Stop poking your nose in between me and my father." I said as her eyes widened. She let out a scoff. "You have no manners to talk." She rambled out as I smiled amusingly. "Glad that you figured it." I said as she rolled her eyes.

"Stop diverting the topic, y/n. What the hell you were doing with that guy?!" My father exclaimed as I turned to face him. "Exactly what you saw. 'That guy' is my boyfriend." I stated in a monotonous. Why do I need to hide my relationship anyways? I'm old enough to decide who I should date.

My father's eyes burns at me. He looks bewildered at my words. "What? What's wrong with that? I'm almost 22 so I guess I am legal enough to date." I said while crossing my arms against my chest. "Out of everyone everyone else in the world you had to go and date Park's son?!" His voice was loud but blinked my eyes in confusion.

My dad knows Jimin.

I shouldn't be surprised but I am. "So.. me dating a guy doesn't matter but me dating Park Jimin matters, right?" I questioned. "What?! You're dating Jimin!" Suzanne exclaimed. Loud enough to gain everyone's attention in the room. A smile appeared on my lips , a scoff leaving my mouth afterwards as I tilted my head to Suzanne. "Is that shocking or heartbreaking to you?" I asked. She glared at me before looking away. "You know him?" Emily questioned her daughter. "A little too much." I mumbled as Emily glared at her daughter before interrogating her. "You know him?" She asked again.

"Mom.. he is Park Jimin, the son of Park Jihun. The only heir of Park Corporations... I know him through internet..." Suzanne rambled out as I internally shook my head. She hides Jimin as if he is the dirty little secret. And that thought itself makes me wanna go bonkers at her. "Oh.." Emily sighs as if the heavy burden was taken off her shoulders. "What happened to the part where you-"

"For heaven's sake y/n!! Stop whatever you are doing! Break off all the things you have with that guy!" My father cut off my sentence as my words and movements came to the abrupt halt. "What?" I asked. "You have nothing to do with that guy or his family! Fuck, this is not even the time for you to date! Focus on your studies!!" My father exclaimed as a low chuckle left passed my mouth. "For a moment there i thought you care about me." I mumbled. "That's because I do. This is why I'm I'm telling you to break off the things with that guy." He stated in a cold tone.