17

Y/N'S POV ::

Some times people aren't wrong, the timing and situation is because no matter what, human are the slave of time. Sam had her reason for what she did with me. I sit here in the class and focus on taking notes but my mind wanders towards the night I got her home with me.

Flashback

"Thank you." I mumbled to the cab driver who threw a smile at my way before I carefully put Sam's arm around my neck and helped her step out of the car. She mutteres something under her breath but it's all incoherent. She has been saying a lot of things that I can't describe. For now, I focus on getting her inside the house. I look around for any guards but don't see anyone. Letting out a huff, I move forward. Sam still clinges to me. Her steps messy because of the heels she is wearing. "Come on Sam, you have to help me here bro!" I exclaimed. Her eyes aren't fully open but she tries to stay awake.

I somehow manage to get inside the house only to be met with my step brother pacing inside the hall. Liam turns in my direction and stares at me as I stare back at him. "Hey!" I smile despite the awkward situation.

Sam, you're supposed to be sweet and innocent in front of my family!

I mentally cry at my own thoughts. "What's...wrong here?" Liam steps towards me as I shrugged my shoulders, still struggling to hold Sam in my grip. "I... can you help me put her in my room?" I questioned to which he nodded before taking Sam from me. I let out a groan feeling the cramp in my shoulder. Liam sighed before he pulled her up in his arms with an ease and then we walked upstairs towards my room. I threw away all the stuff that was laying on my bed and gestured Liam to put Sam there. I tucked her inside the blanket before letting out a huff.

I walked Liam towards the door. "Thank you!" I exclaimed while pointing towards Sam. He blinks at me with a smile. "No worries! But what's wrong with her? If you don't mind me asking.." he muttered as I let out a sigh. I glanced at Liam for a brief moment. He has nothing but nice towards me ever since the day he moved in our house with his mother and sister. "She is drugged. Minhyuk... did it." His eyes widens at my words as I shake my head. "I know you told me that he was trouble but Sam wouldn't listen!" I sighed. "Its okay. I'm sure she will be fine by tomorrow." I hum at him before he turns to leave. "Are you waiting for Suzanne?" I questioned, causing him to turn back at me. "Yeah well.." he nods.

"Anyways, call me if you need any help!" Liam added as I smiled at him. "I'll really appreciate if you don't tell about Sam to anyone." I stated. If my father found out then he will lecture me over Sam which I cannot afford. Sam's image has always been good in his eyes and I'm adamant that it stays that way only. "Of course!" And then he leaves.

Its early in the morning, nearly 4am when I hear groans coming from my side as I shift and open my eyes to see Sam sitting straight on the bed. "You're awake." I muttered as she turns look at me. I let out a sigh before passing her the painkillers from my drawer. Sam takes it and swallow silently. "Are you feeling okay?" I questioned sitting straight besides her. She won't look at me instead her eyes are fixed at her lap. She hums with a nod. "Good. Let's go back to sleep then." I muttered before laying down but her next words stops me. "Thank you, y/n."

I turn to her then and gesture her to lay down back on the bed. She silently follows my order. We both stare at ceiling in complete silence. "Do you remember the nights when you used to come over at my place for a night out?" She hums at me. "No one was allowed to enter my room except you. My father was never okay with me leaving the house at night so I'd call you because I'd feel lonely." I continued. A smile lingering over my lips while reminiscing all the past events. "I was bad at talking but you always filled up those silence. I'd listen to you and laugh with you. I didn't know what friendship was until I saw few scars on your arms and I felt the pain in my bones when you told me that your mother hit you because you couldn't do good at studies."