23

Y/N'S POV | Three days ago ::

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Sam questioned as I put on my jacket while letting out a hum. "My dad is back in town so I need to be home." I stated passing her a small smile. "Fine.. Go safely." She mumbled. Giving her a tight hug, I wore my shoes and walked outside of her house. Sam walked me out till I reached my car. Biding her my last goodbye, I started the engine and started to drive. My eyes suddenly dropped to my phone as I let out a sigh.

The texts haven't stopped yet but that's not concerning anymore because Jimin and Liam both know and they are trying to find the person. Getting lost in my own thoughts, I keep driving at the normal speed while focusing on the road. It's actually late at night and I need to get home as soon as possible. The streets are empty because of the chilly weather and approaching winters. I have my final exams coming in next week and because of this unknown person texting me I couldn't focus on my studies. Though Jimin is helping me with studies, I still am not sure about my preparation.

My phone starts to buzz as I answer it through the earpiece in my ears. "Hello?" An instant smile erupts on my lips as soon as I hear his voice. "The top student called me at this hour during the exam season. What do I owe the pleasure for?" I hear Jimin letting out a snort and I can imagine him rolling his eyes sassily at my comment. "Are you not home right now?" He questioned. "I just left you after college." I mumbled. "Yaah! Be serious! It's already so late at night and you're still out!"

I shake my head at his words. "Sorry daddy for I've been a bad girl!" I chuckle knowing very well how he doesn't like being called that. "Don't test my patience." He sighs as I twist my lips. "I just left Sam's house and I'm on my way back to mine so don't worry,I'll reach my house in no time." I added. "Fine. Take care and text me when you're home." I hummed at him.

The silence lingered above us as neither of us hung up or spoke further. Something has changed ever since the moment we exchanged those three words between us. He feels like a comfort. He feels like the right one. The only one who can put control over my recklessness and the only one for whom I'm ready to give up on anything.

"Y/n."

"Jimin."

We said in unison as a smile appeared on my lips. It sounds poetic but sometimes you just feel that kind of string with someone and that's the right person. He knows the words before I even have a chance to let them out.

What more do I need than a person who can understand and hear my silence?

"I love you.." I whispered. "I love you too.." He added as smile widened. Is it okay to be addicted to words? Absolutely not but when they come from someone who means much to you then the words have a whole different meaning. Hence I find myself hearing 'I love you' from him. It's addictive. The way he says and the way it has so much meaning into it. It's different. Words, indeed, are a great blessing and weapon at the same time.

"Get home safe. Let's have a study session together tomorrow." He muttered as I let out a snort. "You being a studious freak doesn't suit your sexy personality!" I exclaimed. "Huh? I thought you liked seeing me in my glasses." I nibble on my lips, suppressing a smile that's about to break because yes, Jimin in glasses is a whole different thing. Absolutely. "Yaah! Don't think so highly of yourself! I'm driving. I need to hang up." I stated.

"Fine. But don't forget to text me. Love you!" And then he hung up. It's weird what love can do to you because who thought that one would say I will start to daydream for no absolute reason? I love every little time we both spend together despite the differences of our parents.

Suddenly my eyes dropped to the car behind mine as I narrowed my eyes at the back vehicle. Letting out a sigh I take a turn to the opposite side but it follows me. I frown, twisting my lip and feeling my heart rate increasing with anxiety. I take another turn and so does the car behind me.