22.

Y/N'S POV ::

Trust.

The word is short and small but it has a deep meaning. Trusting someone is never easy. Once it's broken, it leaves scars that can't fade. Breaking a trust is easy but building it back is always tough. Impossible sometimes.

Jimin's trust was broken not once or twice but three times and that too by the person he trusted the most. First his mother, then Suzanne and then me. So it's only natural if he finds me suspicious because of my behavior. I don't blame him. I can't blame him. Although I'm very much glad that he is trying to trust me, to give me a chance.

I can't deceive him.

That's exactly why I'm on my way to meet my father because he can answer my questions. The texts from the unknown number haven't stopped and I haven't mentioned it to anyone. If it's someone related to my father then he should be the first one to know. It has been two weeks since I have been getting texts from that unknown number. They sent me my pictures. All throughout the day and the places I visit. From college to every place I visit. I knew one thing and that is, someone's been watching me. A normal person would not stalk me. It has to be someone who is related to my father and is using me as a prone to get him.

I'm sure my father can answer my unwavering questions.

I heaved out a sigh as I pressed my foot onto the breaks. My car came to a halt while I peeked outside to stare at the tall building standing proudly. Each success is a sacrifice made by my father. He gave up on love, his family just to keep this thing steady. I shake my head before stepping out of my car. The guard standing on the front gate of the parking lot stares at me with wide eyes. Probably in a daze that I'm actually here. I throw my keys at him while walking ahead. "Park." I muttered before getting inside the building.

As I walk inside with my head held high and eyes focused, I can feel the gazes burning at my figure. Each of the people present there stares at me while the receptionist comes running towards me in hassle. "Miss Kang!" The woman smiles widely as I stop in my tracks and turn to face her. "How have you been, Sarah?" I questioned with a smile on my face. "Great! And I hope you're doing good as well." She said as I looked around the building. The interior is so exquisite that its perfection only makes me remember my broken family. "What... are you doing here?" The lady asked. I see her waving at people to go back to their work from the corner of my eyes.

"Well can't I come see the place I'm supposed to work at?" I asked as she nodded. "Right.. of course but.. you don't visit often.." She said as I twisted my lips. "Absolutely right! But you see I'll be taking over my father's position soon so I thought I should start making myself familiar with this place." I stated. Fuck with working here. If I'm to be the CEO then that's what I'm going to be. My father might be a business tycoon but he is not the type of person I'd like to become.

"Very well! I can give you a tour if you want?" She blinked her eyes hopefully at me as I let out a hum. "I'm actually here to meet my father. Maybe next time ?" I said as she nodded her head. "Mr Kang is in a meeting, y/n." I stiffened at the stern voice of my father's secretary from behind. Turning around I saw the man walking towards me. "Good afternoon, Uncle Jaehyuk." I mumbled as he pressed his lips while nodding his head. Jaehyuk was just as much workaholic as my father. I feel bad for his wife and kids though. "You can wait for him in his cabin." He stated as I crooked my brows. "Where's the meeting?" I questioned. "Conference-"

"Thanks!" I exclaimed before making my way towards the conference room which is located on the 15th floor. I didn't waste any minute after the elevator door opened. Walking straight towards the conference room, I let out a sigh before pushing the door open. Every eye present in the room fell on me while I was searching for my father in the dark room which is barely illuminated by the lights of the projector. "Y/n?" My father called out as my gaze fell upon his figure. He walked or more like rushed towards me. "What are you doing here?" He asked through his gritted teeth. I glanced behind him. "I'm not sure if you're mad or delighted to see me here finally." I mumbled. "Where are your manners, y/n? This is a meeting room." He said as I blinked my eyes.