Love Or Blunder

Please vote and comment.

Chapter 04:

Happiness increases by sharing and sorrow decreases by sharing.

It was the time of night, the moon was shining in the sky and peeped into Avni’s living area from the window. Avni and Neil were sitting on the couches. Avni was sitting on the single couch which was kept at the side keeping her legs up and Neil was sitting on the long couch. Avni was thinking something and Neil was looking at her.

Avni was sitting by keeping her hands on her knee

Avni was sitting by keeping her hands on her knee. Neil was waiting for her to say something. Avni was in a dilemma about whether she should tell Neil about her painful childhood or not. Her heart was asking her to say and her mind was stopping her. After fighting with her inner soul for so long finally she decided that she will tell Neil about her past as her heart wanted it. Her heart won from her mind. Avni was still sitting in the same position.

Avni: when I was a kid, (Neil looked at Avni) my father went away from us leaving us alone in this cruel world.

Neil bowed his head and was listening to Avni.

Avni: My mama and pa…

Neil looked at Avni.

Avni: I mean, that man’s marriage was loved one. My grandmother was against their marriage so she broke all ties with them even my mother’s brother also didn’t want any relationship with my mom. Everything was good at the beginning but then… When I was a kid, my father was used to visit us frequently but slowly he reduced his visits and then he just vanished…

Neil felt bad. Avni's eyes got moist.

Avni: I was ten years old when I got to know that Mr. Ashish Mehta has left my mother for another lady and the funniest part is he didn’t give divorce to my mother because he thought, he has the only right on her.

Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: isn’t it funny?

Neil looked down.

Avni: My mother didn’t want any relationship with that man but she was helpless because she had not enough money to file a divorce case against him. Mr. Mehta belonged to a powerful family and we belonged to a middle-class family. Agar kisi tarha se woh paise arrange kar bhi leti to bhi jo paise unhe alimony ki surat main milte woh un paison ke samne kam parte jo woh case per kharch karti kyun ke ek baar jab yahan case shuru hota hai to banda khatam ho jata hai lekin case khatam nahi hota (By any chance, if she would arrange the money and filed the case then also the money she would get in the form of alimony would be less in front of the money she spent on the case because once a case start here then the person ends but the case does not end).

Neil looked down.

Avni: so, she dropped that idea and left her case in the court of God.

Avni looked at Neil.