Huge Fight

Chapter 11:

It was daytime, the sun looked angry and was giving a hard time to the people and other creatures. The police jeeps were standing and people were going and coming from the police station where Neil was sitting in his cabin on the chair and he was studying a case file. Neil's phone rang and he saw Avni's name. Neil smiled and picked up the phone.

Neil: Hi, beautiful.

Avni smiled. A plaster was on her left arm.

Avni: Hello, where are you?

Neil frowned and chuckled at Avni's question.

Neil: I am at the beach with my beauty queen.

Avni got surprised. Neil joked but he had no idea about Avni's insecurity.

Avni: what?

Neil got shocked and widened his eyes.

Neil: hey, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Hold on to the horses of your mind. Give a break to your fast-tracking train.

Avni frowned.

Neil: I am in the police station.

Avni didn't say anything. Neil frowned.

Neil: Avni?

No reply because Avni was lost in her thoughts.

Neil: Avni? Come on, yaar, Avni, I was just joking. I mean, I left home in the morning to come to the police station, so it is obvious that I will be in the police station.

Neil smiled.

Avni whispered: No, sometimes people leave home to go somewhere but they go somewhere else.

Neil frowned. Avni saw the flashes that she saw Neil in the café with Maya and he told her that he is in the police station.

Neil smiled and was confused.

Neil: what?

Avni came out of her thoughts.

Avni: ab, aa, nothing.

Neil smiled.

Neil: ok, leave it. Tell me why did you call?

Avni had no excuse because she called Neil because she was getting bad thoughts that Neil will be with Maya.

Neil: why?

Avni: ab... aaa... I am missing you.

Neil frowned.

Neil: missing me?

Avni: yes, I am feeling bored at home.

Neil frowned and asked, bored? Where are Mom and Bebe?

Avni: they went to meet Bebe's friend's home.

Neil: oh yeah, yeah, the one about Bebe told last night.

Avni: yes. I wish I could go office.

Neil smiled.

Avni: Papa didn't let me go.

Neil: he did right.

Avni made a face.

Neil: how is your arm pain now?

Avni: it is better. It was just a minor sprain. You people just made an issue of small thing.

Neil smiled while opening the clipper of the file.

Neil: well, we didn't make the issue. You had severe pain.

Avni smiled.

Neil: ok, now have rest and let me do my work. If the commissioner sir or anyone else come and saw me talking on the phone with my wife then it will be the last day of my job.