Guilty

Chapter 06:

The sun rises and birds were hovering in the sky. They were enjoying the soft breeze of the morning and were also in search of food.

The sun rays peeped in Neil’s room from the window where Neil was laying on his back. The sun rays disturbed his sleep and the chirping of the birds was also echoing in his ear. Neil stirred and frowned. A duvet was on Neil’s half leg as he removed it in sleep. His shirt’s buttons were open. Neil tried to open his eyes but again he shut them and caught his head.

Neil: Aah… my head.

Neil opened his narrowed eyes but her eyes were aching so he closed them and wiped them. Neil again tried to open his eyes and he opened his narrowed eyes. Neil looked at his room and then he sat on the bed catching his head. Neil thought that how he came there.

Neil: I was with my friends after the engagement party then how did I come here? Who took him here?

Neil thought and his head was aching so he caught his head closing his eyes. Neil saw the blur flashback where he nuzzled Avni’s neck and Avni was stopping him. Neil made Avni lay and he heard the heavy voices but nothing was clear neither his flashes nor the voice.
Neil opened his eyes with a jerk and was shocked.

Neil: what was that?

Neil thought and he closed his eyes but got no clue. Neil opened his eyes.

Neil: what happened last night?

Neil thought.

Neil: my friends forcefully made me drink… Avni was at home at that time… Don’t know how is she? I should go to her.

Neil was about to remove the duvet and he saw the buttons of his shirt are open. Neil held his shirt and was shocked.

Neil: this? Who did this?

Neil tried to think but no use. Neil ran his hand through his hair with closed eyes.

Neil heard: Neil. Neil, stop. Neil, leave me... Neil, no.

Neil opened his eyes shockingly.

Neil: what was that now?

Neil tried to think and saw the blur images and Neil was shocked.

Neil: Avni.

Neil looked up and here and there but Avni was nowhere.

Neil: where is she? I should go to her as soon as possible… I just hope something unwanted had not happened last night else I will never forgive myself… Neil, go and talk to Avni, only she can give you the answer to her questions.

Neil removed the duvet and wore his shoes. Neil closed the button of his shirt while getting up and going. Neil came downstairs and saw Shweta is serving Prakash and Bebe is also sitting there.

Shweta: no, Tillu has not woken up till.

Prakash: oh, he must have slept late last night.

Bebe: yeah, we went to our rooms but they were still partying with the friends.

They smiled and Neil was listening to them standing near the stairs.

Shweta: hmm, but don’t know when Avni went. She should have stayed here last night.

Bebe: hmm.

Neil thought.

Prakash: maybe, Neil would have gone to drop her home.

Shweta: point.

They smiled. Neil thought.

Neil in mind: means, Avni went from here before their waking up.