Avni's Big Decision

Chapter 22:

It was daytime, the sun was shining in the sky. The roads were floating with the vehicles. A car was moving to its destination. Neil was driving the car and Neav was sitting on the passenger seat. Neav was looking out and was looking very happy. Neil saw Neav and smiled. Neil saw the balloons and cotton candy so he stopped the car at the side and got down from it. Neil bought the balloons and cotton candy for Neav and passed them to him. Neav got excited.

Neav: these all are for me?

Neil: yes, only for you.

Neav smiled but then his smile faded. Neil frowned. Neil cupped Neav’s cheek.

Neil: what happened?

Neav: I can’t take it.

Neil: why?

Avni: because mama prohibits me from taking things from others.

Neil: she says right but we are friends.

Neav: mama will not like it.

Neil: don’t worry, she will not say anything now because we are friends and friends can give gifts to each other.

Neav: really?

Neil nodded and said, yes.

Neav smiled and Neil smiled to see him. Neil came and got in the car. Neil started the car and they moved to their destination. Neav was eating the cotton candy.

Neav: Mama always prohibits me. Don’t do this, don’t do that. She never bought me my favorite things. Always talk about saving and budget.

Neil was listening to Neav.

Neil in mind: Avni is teaching Neav to be responsible, she is teaching Neav to value things. She is making him so strong that he can face any difficult situation tomorrow easily.

Neil smiled,

Neil in mind: only Avni can think like that.

Neil was smiling but his smile faded.

Neil in mind: Am I doing the right thing by filing the case of Neav's custody?

Neil thought. Soon, they reach home and a car stopped outside the Khanna mansion. Neil got down from the car and Neav saw the mansion from the window with open mouth. Neil opened the car’s door and took Neav out. Neil shut the door and Neav was just looking at the Khanna mansion.

Neav: woooowwww…. It is your home.

Neil smiled and Neav looked at Neil who nodded, Neav looked at the mansion.

Neav: it is soooo beautiful.

Neil: thank you. Soon, you will also come to live with us.

Neav got surprised.

Neav: me and here?

Neil ruffled his hair and said, yes. Neav smiled.

Neil: come; let’s go inside.

Neil took Neav inside and the Khanna family was ready with toys.

Khanna family: welcome.

Neil and Neav smiled. Neav looked at the mansion and the Khanna family smiled to see Neav. They got emotional.

Shweta: Bebe, he is just like Neil.

Prakash: his nose is like Avni's.

Shweta smiled with teary eyes.

They looked at Neil who smiled and then they looked at Neav.

Neav: wow, it is so big and beautiful.

Neil and the others smiled.