440 Volt Shock

Chapter 35:

It was the time of night, the roads were floating with the vehicles. A building was lighted by hundreds of lights, a hospital sign was marked on it and the ambulances were parked outside it. In the corridor, Avni was running and was finding the OT. Avni saw the police officers outside the room and she stopped. Avni saw DD with them so she ran there. DD saw Avni.  Avni was panting.

Avni whispered: Neil.

DD's eyes were moist and he pointed at the OT. Avni looked there.

DD: The doctors are trying.

Avni looked at DD.

DD: They asked to pray for him.

Avni was shocked and was just looking at DD. Avni looked at the door and the flashes of Avneil's cute moments and marriage were roaming in front of her eyes. Avni’s eyes were moist.

DD: Three bullets hit him.

Avni looked at DD and was shocked.

DD: One bullet hits his chest.

Avni was shocked.

DD: I asked him to go out when the first bullet hit him but he refused to go.

Avni got emotional. DD looked at Avni.

DD: He said...

Flashback:

Neil was standing by leaning against the wall while holding his right arm. The bullet had hit his arm. Neil was in pain.

Neil: The safety and dignity of those girls are more precious than my life.

Neil squeezed his eyes and was in pain. DD was looking worried.

Neil: If I die then I will be called martyr but if I go out then I will be called coward. I would love to be called a martyr instead of a coward.

Neil was in pain and he smiled.

Neil: and my Avni will also feel proud of me.

Neil smiled.

Neil: Maybe then she forgives me.

DD was looking at Neil sadly and was looking worried.

Neil heard the sound of firing.

Neil: Come. Our team needs us.

DD: But, Sir...

Neil looked at DD.

Neil: We have to rescue the girls. For that, if we have to give our lives we should be ready for that... Come.

Neil loaded his gun and turned. Neil fired.

Flashback ended.

Avni was looking at the door with moist eyes.

A nurse came out and Avni looked at her. Avni went to her but she ignored Avni and went from there. Avni was looking at her and then she again bowed her head. Avni turned and looked at the door of the room. The nurse came back with the bottle of blood and hurriedly went inside.

One hour passed but there was no information about Neil. Avni was standing leaning against the wall. The red button turned off and everyone was alerted. Avni stood properly. The doctor came out after some time. Avni and others ran to him.

Vidyut: Doctor, Neil.

Avni looked at Vidyut and then she looked at the doctor.

Doctor: ACP Neil Khanna is now out of danger.

Avni closed her eyes and took a breath of relief. Avni looked at the doctor.

Doctor: He will be shifted to the ICU soon.