Union Of Two Souls

Chapter 39:

It was the time of morning, the sun was shining in the sky and it peeked into Avni and Neil’s room where Avni was sitting in her room and was making the list of shopping. Neil was coming to the room and he stopped at the door. Neil thought and looked at Avni and then he came into the room. Avni looked at him and smiled. Neil came to Avni and sat beside her. Neil thought and looked at Avni.

Neil: Avni?

Avni: Hmm.

Neil didn’t say anything so Avni looked at him and found him looking at her. Avni was startled.

Avni: What happened?

Neil: Ab, you know, the family has gone to a picnic.

Avni frowned because she knew that so she said hmm.

Neil: They got bored by sitting in the home.

Avni was confused.

Neil: Neav has also gone with them.

Avni: Are you missing Neav?

Neil lowered his gaze and smiled.

Neil: Yeah.

Avni smiled.

Neil: But.

Avni: But?

Neil looked at Avni who was looking at him.

Avni: What do you want to say, Neil?

Neil looked on and then he looked at Avni’s hand. Neil held Avni’s hand in his hands. Avni looked at the hands and then she looked at Neil.

Neil: Avni, why don’t you join Dad’s business again?

Avni was surprised.

Neil: Don’t you get bored doing household chores?

Avni was just looking at Neil.

Neil: Avni, why are you wasting your time (Neil looked at the notebook) in these all things?

Avni looked at the notebook and then Avneil looked at each other.

Neil: I know, you love to work there. I have seen you working with dedication.

Avni was looking at Neil.

Neil: Why you are not joining Dad’s business again?

Avni: I am fine, Neil.

Avni looked at the notebook.

Avni: and these things are my responsibilities. I was used to handling it when I worked in the office or in the school.

Neil looked on.

Avni: And now I want to concentrate on Neav and our family. I am OK with this housewife job.

Neil: But I am not OK with it.

Avni: You are saying it because you saw me checking the file.

Neil: Yes but…

Avni: It was kept there on the table so I just picked it up to check whether it is an important file or not. That’s it.

Neil: It is not about today. I wanted to talk to you about it for days but when I got time, I forgot about it. Avni, everything will be managed; you just go to the office.

Avni was about to say.

Neil: I want you to go office. I want to see you standing on your feet.

Avni was speechless.