Broken Soul

Chapter 23:

It was daytime, the sun was shining over Avni and Asha’s home, and a car stopped outside Avni and Asha’s home and two men got down from it. They moved to the home and inside the home, Avni was waiting for them folding her arm. Avni saw the time on the wall clock and she thought.

The door was opened but a man still rang the doorbell. Avni was standing in the living area and was waiting for them by folding her arms. Avni looked there and saw Neil standing with the lawyer. Avni’s lawyer was also standing in the living area on the other side. Juhi and Vidyut were present there. Avni and Neil were looking at each other. Neil looked at the lawyer and then he looked at Avni. Neil came inside with the lawyer and stood in front of Avni.

Avni: please, sit, Mr Khanna.

Neil felt a pinch in his heart to hear the word “Mr. Khanna”.

Avni signed the lawyer to sit.

Everyone was sitting in the living area and Avni was sitting by bowing her head. Neil was looking at Avni and then he looked down.

Avni: thank you for coming here on my call. Ab, I called you guys to tell you that I am ready to give Neav’s custody to Mr Neil Khanna.

Neil and the others got shocked. Avni’s lawyer looked down. Neil was looking at Avni and he can clearly see the pain on Avni's face. He found Avni sitting like a defeated person who lost her everything and now doesn’t want to live anymore.

Avni: I don’t know what will be court’s order but I don’t want Neav to get into court’s matter and all. All these will have a bad effect on him and I don’t want it.

Neil lowered his gaze. Avni smiled sadly.

Avni talked and her voice cracked: And Neav has already told us his decision. He wants his papa so now there is no room left for anything.

Neil felt bad. Avni gulped and looked at Neil.

Avni: I am sorry, Mr. Neil Khanna, I kept you away from your son. I became a wall between you two. But I promise now I will not come in between you two. After giving Neav’s custody to you, I will go away from your life.

Neil and the others got shocked.

Avni: I will not let my shadow fall on you and Neav. I will go far away from you two.

Neil got shocked.

Avni: but before going, I want to apologize to you. I am sorry, Mr. Khanna, I spoiled your life. I am sorry for coming into your life and making it hell.

Neil felt a pinch in his heart. Avni looked down.

Avni: Actually, I lived alone since my childhood so when I got a family, I started fearing that my family might not be away from me. I was afraid that if I lose you and our family then I will not be able to survive. I will die.

Neil got shocked.

Avni: Even after being away from you, I survived and I was able to start a new life; it was just because Neav, your sign was with me else I would have drowned a long time ago.

Neil felt a pinch in his heart. Avni realized that she went on the wrong track.

Avni: ab… and I started to behave oddly and then one day, I saw you with Maya in XYZ Mall. 

Neil got shocked.

Avni: I called you and you lied that you are in the police station.

Neil got shocked. Vidyut and Juhi looked at Neil. Vidyut was shocked.

Avni: I thought, you are betraying me, and my fear grew and with time, it grew more and more. One after one, things started to get worsen. You have health issues and I got worried for you so I started to call you but trust me that day, I was not calling you to ask about where are you. I was calling you because I got to know about my pregnancy.