A New Beginning or Ending

Chapter 05:

It was the time of the night, the moon was shining in the sky and the Chamko café was shining on the earth because it was decorated with lights, flowers, and red and white balloons. Avni was standing there and was looking around confusingly.

Avni: KK…

Person: Avni…

Avni was shocked to hear the voice and she thought. Avni turned and she saw no one is there. Avni looked around and then she looked straight. Neil came there and looked up. Neil was dressed in a black 3-piece suit with a white shirt. Neil saw Avni and smiled while coming to her. Avni was just looking at Neil whose eyes were on Avni also. Neil came to Avni and stood beside her. Avni turned to Neil.

Neil: so you came back.

Avni looked down. Neil nodded while lowering his gaze and smiling. Neil looked at Avni.

Neil: and you didn’t find the need to inform me.

Avni was looking down.

Neil: Impressive.

Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: by the way, where had you gone?

Avni: I went out of town…

Neil: where?

Avni: Manali.

Neil: Manali?

Avni nodded avoiding eye contact.

Neil: why?

Avni looked down.

Avni: I had some personal work.

Neil got hurt and angry.

Neil: personal?

Avni was looking down.

Neil: and why your number was off?

No reply. Neil was getting angry. Neil was trying his best to not lash out at Avni. Neil grinned his lips in anger.

Neil: you didn’t even think for a second about me what will happen to me.

Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: I will get worried about you… you just vanished.

Avni looked down. Neil sighed and closed his eyes and turned his face. Neil looked at Avni and thought.
Neil: what has happened to you all of a sudden? Everything was going well then what has happened to you?

Avni looked at Neil and then she avoided eye contact.

Neil: Avni, why are you ignoring me?

Avni looked down.

Avni: no, nothing is like this.

Neil: then?

No reply. Neil thought and looked at Avni.

Neil: you are doing it because of that night? Because of our kiss…

Avni didn’t dare to look up and got embarrassed.

Neil: Are you guilty of that?

Avni looked at Neil sadly. Avni looked down to hide her emotions. Neil held Avni’s hand who looked at the hands and then she looked at Neil. Neil held Avni’s hand in his both hands.

Neil: say, Avni. How will I understand what is in your heart until you tell me?

Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: do you think that we did a mistake?