Birthday Party

Chapter 10:

It was the time of night, the moon was shining in the sky and it peeped into Avni and Neil’s room where Avni was standing near the small table and a cake was kept on it. Avni smiled to see the cake and then she turned and went to the window. Avni looked at the moon.

Avni in mind: How strange life is. We think something and something else happens. I thought the family forgot my birthday. I even got sad thinking of that. But no, they remembered that. I am so stupid what I was thinking.

Avni smiled. Neil came to Avni and he stood beside her. Avni looked at Neil and smiled. Neil held Avni’s hand and turned her and then he held Avni’s second hand. Neil was hugging Avni from behind. Avni smiled and forgot every other thing.

Neil: Avni, don’t you think that nowadays you are standing here at the window too much?

Avni smiled.

Avni: don’t you think that nowadays you are hugging me from behind too much?

Neil smiled.

Neil: that I love too.

Avni: so I also love to stand here and look at the sky.

Neil smiled.

Neil: is that so?

Avni nodded and said, yes.

Neil smiled and Avni also smiled. Avni waited for Neil to say something. Neil thought.

Neil: Avni?

Avni: hmm.

Neil: did you really think that I forgot about your birthday?

Avni got surprised and got speechless. Neil looked at Avni from behind and he understood.

Neil: how can you even think that I can forget your birthday?

Avni remained silent.

Neil: hmm…

Avni: sorry.

Neil lowered his gaze and he got hurt. Neil closed his eyes and shrugged off it.

Neil: ok, leave it.

Avni smiled slightly.

Neil: You didn’t tell me how you liked my gift?

Avni’s smile faded and she remembered about Neil and Maya. Avni saw the flashes that she saw him giving a gift to Maya.

Neil: hmm.

Avni came out of her thoughts.

Neil: what happened, didn't you like it?

Avni got sad and she smiled fakely. Avni touched the pendant and looked at it.

Avni: it’s beautiful.

Neil: do you really like it or saying it just to make me happy?

Avni: No, it is actually beautiful.

Neil smiled.

Avni: Thank you.

Neil: thank you?

Neil curved his lips downward.

Neil: ok.

Avni looked at Neil who passed a slight smile and then he looked down. Avni felt bad and Neil looked at her.

Neil: anyways, are you excited about your birthday party?

Avni thought and then she took away Neil’s hand. Neil looked at the hands and then he looked at Avni. Avni turned to him.