Conversation

Chapter 32:

It was the time of night, the raindrops were playing with the ground and the thunder was making the environment scarier. In the Khanna mansion, Avni was sitting on the couch and she flinched to hear the sound of thunder. Avni turned and looked at the window. Avni was looking worried and scared. Neav was standing at the door and was looking at Avni.

On the other side, Shweta was calling Neil back to back but Neil was not picking up the calls. Shweta and Prakash were looking worried and Bebe was also sitting on the couch keeping her head on her fist. Bebe was also worried.

Shweta: don't know where this boy has gone? It has been an hour, I am calling him but he is not picking up my calls. If he had some work then he would have informed us at least.

Prakash lowered his gaze. Bebe prayed for Neil. Shweta again dialed Neil's number. Neav was standing at the door and he heard Shweta. Neav thought.

In an isolated place, the raindrops were falling on the ground and it was raining heavily. Nothing was seen clearly. The lights of something were on and it was a car. The sound of the music was echoing and it was a ringtone. The car was standing at the side and inside it, the phone was ringing. It was Shweta's call. The phone was ringing and it got disconnected. It was the 35th missed call. Neil was sitting in front of it on the ground and he was drenched completely. Neil’s eyes were red and he was sitting by joining his fingers at his lips and his arms were on his legs. Neil was lost in his thoughts.

Neil saw the flashes where he got close to Avni and kissed her eyes, nose, and cheeks and then he kissed Avni’s lips but he got no response. Last night, he got some rays of hope that now everything will become fine between them. Avni is forgetting the past but today his all hopes are broken into trillions of pieces. Neil’s eyes got moist and he closed his eyes. It was raining but still, his tears could be felt. Neil sniffed. Neil kept his head on the car and took a breath.

Soon, the rain’s speed slowed down and Neil was still sitting in his place. Neil’s phone rang and Neil heard the low sound of it. Neil opened his eyes and raised his head. Neil sniffed and sighed. Neil got up and he moved to the driving seat. Neil got in the car and he took his phone from the passenger seat. Neil saw the caller ID and he was surprised. Neil was looking at the phone and it was Avni’s call. Neil thought and he received the call. Neil sniffed.

Neil: Hello. Yeah, Avni.

In the Khanna mansion, Neav was standing near the bed and Avni’s phone was in his hand.

Neav: Hello, Papa.

Neil felt a sharp pinch in his heart and his heart broke.

Neil: Neav. Ab, yeah tiger, say.

Neav: where are you, Papa? Mama, Dadi, Dadu, Bebe, everyone is worried for you.

Neil: I am coming, Tiger. I am on my way.

Neav: Come fast, Papa, Mama has not eaten anything since morning.

Neil was shocked.

Neil: What?

Neav: Yes. Please come fast.

Neil thought.

Neil: I am coming, tiger. I am coming.

Neav: OK, Bye.

Neil: Bye.

Neil cut the call and thought. Neil saw Shweta’s missed calls and he called her. Shweta was sitting on the bed holding her head. Shweta’s phone rang and she looked at the bed. Shweta’s face lit up to see Neil’s call.

Shweta: Tillu.

Prakash and Bebe got alert. Shweta picked up the call.

Shweta: Hello, Tillu.