Struggle

Chapter 29:

It was the time of night, the moon was shining over the Khanna mansion and silence was all around there. Inside the mansion, Avni was sitting in her room on the bed carrying her cell phone in her hand and Neav was laying on the bed. Avni was lost. Neav kept the tab on the bed and sat. Avni looked at him. Avni licked her lips and she kept the cell phone on the side table.

Avni: Ab, Neav, my phone’s battery is low and it is dangerous to talk on the phone when the battery is low… You don’t worry, Papa will come back soon.

Neav: Call him from this tab.

Avni was shocked.

Avni: Ab.

Avni switched on the tab. The tab’s battery was actually low. Avni smiled.

Avni: See, its battery is also low.

Neav: Now?

Avni: Now, you sleep you have to go to school tomorrow.

Neav nodded and lay. Avni leaned to him and caressed his hair to make him sleep. Avni thought and looked at the time. Avni was looking worried. Neav was looking at Avni.

Neav: One minute.

Avni looked at him. Neav sat and got down from the bed. Neav ran from there and Avni was looking at him.

On the other side, Neil was sitting in his cabin keeping his hands on the table and his head was on his arms. Neil was looking at his phone. Neil sat properly and saw the time on his watch. The time was 10:50. Neil sighed and was disappointed. Neil arranged the files and his phone rang. Neil got alert. Neil took his phone and received it without seeing the caller ID.

Neil: Hello, Avni.

On the other side, Shweta was standing in the living area. Shweta felt bad.

Shweta: It’s me, Tillu.

Neil’s smile faded.

Neil: Mom.

Shweta: Where are you, Tillu? It is too late. Neav is also asking for you.

Neil sighed.

Neil: I am coming, Mom.

Shweta: Come fast and drive safely.

Neil: OK.

Neil cut the call and sighed.

In the Khanna mansion, Shweta leaned to Neav and cupped his cheeks with one hand.

Shweta: Papa is coming.

They smiled. Avni was standing near the stairs and she heard them. Avni sighed and got relieved.

Shweta used her phone.

On the other side, Neil was lost in his thoughts and his phone beeped. Neil saw Shweta’s message and opened it.

Shweta: Avni is getting worried for you. Come fast.

Neil smiled slightly but then he became sad.

Neil in mind: If you worry for me then why you didn’t call me?

Neil thought.

Neil in mind: Don’t know, when I will get my old Avni back. Will I get it or…

Neil got upset.

Avni was walking to and fro in the room and Neav was sleeping on the bed. Avni heard the horn of the car and she smiled. Avni was happy.

On the other side, Neil got out of the car and moved to the Khanna mansion. Neil came to the room where Avni was sitting on the bed and was reading a novel. Neil smiled and shook his head. Avni looked at Neil and avoided eye contact.