Seokjin

WARNING: This story contains descriptions of illness and medical treatment, as well as mentions of anxiety and vomiting. If these are triggering or uncomfortable topics for you, please do not read further.

Jin woke up feeling terrible. His head was pounding, his throat was sore, and his stomach was churning. He tried to sit up, but a wave of dizziness hit him and he fell back onto the pillow. He groaned and reached for his phone to check the time.

9:30 AM.

He had slept in, but he didn't feel rested at all. He checked his temperature and saw that it was 101 degrees. Great. He was definitely sick.

Jin lay there for a few more minutes, trying to will himself to feel better. But the more he tried, the worse he felt. He knew he needed to get up and take care of himself, but he couldn't seem to muster the energy.

Finally, he heard a knock on his door.

"Hyung, are you up?" It was Jimin. Jin groaned and called out weakly, "Come in."

Jimin peeked his head inside and frowned when he saw Jin lying there, looking like death warmed over. "Hyung, what's wrong?"

"I don't know," Jin moaned. "I just feel terrible. My head hurts, my throat hurts, and my stomach is a mess."

Jimin came over to the bed and felt Jin's forehead. "You're burning up, hyung. You need to see a doctor."

Jin groaned again. He hated going to the doctor. But he knew Jimin was right. He couldn't ignore his symptoms any longer.

"Okay," he said reluctantly. "Help me get dressed and I'll go."

Jimin nodded and started rummaging through Jin's closet for something comfortable and warm to wear. "Do you need help getting to the car?"

Jin shook his head. "I think I can manage. Thanks, Jiminie."

Jimin helped Jin get dressed and steady himself on his feet. Jin leaned heavily on his younger bandmate as they made their way down to the car. He felt weak and shaky, and his head was spinning.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital, Jin was whisked away to an exam room. A nurse took his vitals and asked him a series of questions. Jin tried to answer as best he could, but his head was throbbing and he could feel his stomach churning.

Finally, the doctor came in. She was young and friendly, with a reassuring smile. "Hello, Mr. Kim. I'm Dr. Park. How are you feeling?"

Jin grimaced. "Honestly, I feel terrible. My head is pounding, my throat is sore, and I feel like I'm going to throw up."

Dr. Park nodded sympathetically. "I'm sorry to hear that. Let's take a look and see what's going on, okay?"

She examined Jin carefully, checking his ears, throat, and lungs. She listened to his heart and took his temperature again. Jin tried to stay still and cooperate, but he felt so sick and weak that it was hard to concentrate.

Finally, Dr. Park finished her exam and gave Jin a diagnosis.

"I think you have a bad case of the flu, Mr. Kim. Your temperature is high, your throat is inflamed, and your lungs sound congested. I'm going to prescribe some medication for you, and I also want you to get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids, okay?"

Jin nodded wearily. "Okay. Thank you, doctor."

Dr. Park smiled and patted his arm. "You're welcome. You'll be feeling better soon, I promise."

Jin was given a prescription for Tamiflu, a flu medication, and was sent home with strict instructions to rest and take it easy. He felt relieved to have a diagnosis, but also worried about how he was going to get better. He had never been sick this badly before.

When he got home, he crawled back into bed and collapsed onto the pillow. Jimin came in with a glass of water and a few pills.

"Here you go, hyung. Take these and try to rest, okay?"

Jin nodded and swallowed the pills. They tasted terrible, but he knew they were necessary. He lay back and closed his eyes, hoping that sleep would come quickly.

But it didn't. Instead, his thoughts swirled around in his head, making him anxious and restless. What if he didn't get better? What if he had to miss important rehearsals or performances? What if he couldn't take care of himself or his bandmates?

He tried to push these thoughts away, but they kept creeping back. He tossed and turned, unable to get comfortable.

Finally, he heard a knock on his door. It was Jungkook, his youngest bandmate.

"Hyung, can I come in?"

Jin nodded weakly. "Sure, Kookie."

Jungkook came in and perched on the edge of the bed. "How are you feeling, hyung?"

Jin sighed. "Not great, to be honest. My head hurts and I can't seem to shake this nausea."

Jungkook reached out and patted Jin's arm. "I'm sorry you're feeling sick, hyung. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Jin thought for a moment. "Actually, there is. Can you sit with me for a while and just talk?"

Jungkook smiled. "Of course, hyung. What do you want to talk about?"

They chatted for a while, about everything and nothing. Jungkook told Jin about a funny video he had seen online, and Jin shared some stories from his childhood. For a little while, Jin felt less sick and less anxious. It was nice to have some company and distraction.

As the day wore on, Jin started to feel a little better. His medication seemed to be working, and he was able to drink some water and eat a few crackers without feeling too nauseous.

But as he drifted off to sleep, he couldn't help but worry about tomorrow. Would he wake up feeling sick again? Would he be able to take care of himself and his bandmates?

He didn't know. All he could do was try to get some rest and hope for the best.