Namjoon

Thanks for the request Kaisahb💜

It was clear to Namjoon that something was wrong. He had started feeling dizzy and nauseous a few hours before the concert, but had tried to shake it off, blaming it on nerves. But as the show progressed, the symptoms grew worse, and he couldn't ignore them anymore. He kept swallowing the bile rising in his throat, trying to appear cheerful in front of his members.

As they took a break backstage, Namjoon excused himself to go to the bathroom. He locked himself in one of the stalls, dry heaving and wiping at the sweat on his forehead. When he finally managed to throw up, he was horrified to see streaks of blood in the vomit. He groaned, leaning his head against the cool tiles.

"What's taking Namjoon so long?" Jin asked, peering at his watch. "We're supposed to be back on stage in five minutes."

"I'll go check on him," Jimin volunteered, already standing up.

"No, no, it's okay. I'll go," Namjoon said, forcing himself to stand up. His legs wobbled, and he grabbed onto the sink to steady himself. "I just...need a moment."

"Are you sure?" Yoongi asked, squinting at him. "You look pale."

"It's just stress," Namjoon lied, willing himself to stay upright. "I'll catch up with you guys in a bit."

He stumbled out of the bathroom, his stomach churning. He made his way to their dressing room, hoping to find some water or medication to soothe his nausea. He rifled through his bag, feeling like he was in a fever dream. He was so caught up in his own misery that he didn't hear the door open.

"Namjoon hyung, what's going on?"

Namjoon startled, whirling around to face Jungkook. "Nothing, nothing," he said, too quickly. "Just feeling a little queasy."

Jungkook's eyes narrowed, taking in Namjoon's pallid complexion. "You're lying."

"I'm not-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Namjoon felt a wave of vertigo sweep over him. He swayed, his vision blurring, before everything went black.

He was vaguely aware of his members calling out his name, but he couldn't respond. He was trapped, unable to move or speak, as he felt himself being laid down on a hard surface. His head was spinning, and he was vaguely aware of the sound of frantic footsteps and hushed voices.

"Namjoon hyung, wake up."

That was Yoongi's voice, low and urgent. Namjoon tried to open his eyes, but his body refused to cooperate. He heard someone else speaking, but it sounded far away and garbled.

"What's happening?" he managed to croak out, his throat raw.

"You passed out," Jimin said, hovering over him. "We're taking you to the hospital-"

"No!" Namjoon protested, his heart racing. "I'm fine, I just need to rest-"

"You're not fine," Jin said firmly. "You were vomiting blood-"

Namjoon groaned, feeling the weight of their concern settle over him. "I didn't...want you guys to worry."

"You're an idiot," Yoongi growled, his voice thick with emotion. "Trying to hide something like this-"

"I'm sorry," Namjoon whispered, feeling tears prick at the corners of his eyes. "I didn't mean-"

"Just shut up and let us take care of you," Jungkook said softly, his hand resting on Namjoon's shoulder.

They bundled Namjoon into a car, his head pounding. He drifted in and out of consciousness, feeling the hum of the engine and the gentle vibrations of the road. The hospital was a blur of white coats and harsh fluorescent lights, and he was vaguely aware of the agony of the IV needle being inserted into his arm.

Hours later, he was discharged with a diagnosis of gastric ulcers and strict orders to rest. His members fussed over him, hovering like worried hens, and Namjoon felt a warmth bloom in his chest. Despite the pain and fear, he knew that he was surrounded by love.

"You had us all scared," Taehyung said, his eyes soft. "Promise us you'll take better care of yourself."

"I will," Namjoon said, feeling a sense of determination settle over him. "I promise."

As they walked towards the stage, Namjoon felt the buzz of adrenaline and excitement course through his veins. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, letting the energy of the crowd and the love of his members carry him forward. They started their first song, and Namjoon threw himself into the choreography, feeling exhilarated.

But as the sweat trickled down his brow, he felt a familiar twinge of nausea. He swallowed, trying to ignore it, but it grew worse with each moment. His vision wavered, and he felt his knees buckle.

"Namjoon hyung!" Jin yelled, his voice panicked.

The last thing Namjoon remembered was the taste of bile and blood on his tongue, the sound of horrified screams, and the sensation of his body collapsing on stage.

The crowd gasped and screamed as the other members rushed over to check on him. They could see the blood staining Namjoon's clothes and pooling around his head. They knew it was serious.

"Hyung, wake up!" Jungkook yelled, shaking Namjoon's shoulders. "We need to get him out of here!"

They carried Namjoon offstage, still unconscious and bleeding. The ambulance rushed him to the hospital, and the other members followed close behind.

As they waited in the hospital lobby, the members were silent, each lost in their own thoughts.

What would happen if Namjoon didn't make it?

Could they go on without him?

Hours passed before the doctor finally emerged, looking grave.

"We were able to stop the bleeding, but it was touch-and-go for a while there," he said. "Namjoon needs to rest for a while, and he can't perform for at least a month. But he's going to be okay."

The other members breathed a collective sigh of relief and rushed to Namjoon's bedside. They knew they had to be strong for him, to help him recover and to support him through this difficult time.

"Hyung, we're here for you," Jin said, taking Namjoon's hand.

Namjoon smiled weakly, knowing that he had the best team in the world behind him.

"I couldn't ask for better brothers," he whispered.