Taehyung

Taehyung woke up feeling like he had swallowed a cactus. His throat was dry and scratchy, his nose was stuffy, and his head was pounding. He groaned and reached for his phone, hoping to see a message from his manager saying that their schedule for the day was canceled. But instead, he saw a reminder that they had an important interview and performance in a few hours.

He cursed under his breath and dragged himself out of bed, ignoring the protests of his body. He didn't want to let his hyungs and fans down, so he decided to tough it out and hope for the best. He took a quick shower, brushed his teeth, and put on some clothes. He tried to avoid looking at himself in the mirror, knowing that he looked pale and miserable.

He grabbed his backpack and headed to the living room, where the other members were waiting for him. They all greeted him with cheerful smiles, but their expressions quickly changed when they saw his condition.

"Taehyung-ah, are you okay?" Jin asked, frowning in concern.

"You look terrible, Tae," Jimin said, touching his forehead. "You're burning up!"

"Hyung, I'm fine," Taehyung lied, pulling away from Jimin's hand. "It's just a little cold. I can handle it."

"Are you sure?" Namjoon asked, eyeing him skeptically. "You don't sound fine. Your voice is hoarse and raspy."

"It's nothing," Taehyung insisted, coughing into his elbow. "I just need some water and some honey. I'll be fine once we get to the studio."

The other members exchanged worried glances, but they didn't push him further. They knew how stubborn Taehyung could be when he wanted to do something. They also knew how much he loved performing and how hard he worked for their group.

"Okay, but if you feel worse, you have to tell us," Hoseok said, wrapping an arm around Taehyung's shoulder. "We don't want you to overwork yourself or get sicker."

"I will, I promise," Taehyung said, giving him a weak smile.

They got into the van and drove to the studio, where they were greeted by their manager and staff. They went through their usual routine of makeup, hair, wardrobe, and rehearsal. Taehyung tried his best to act normal and hide his discomfort, but it was getting harder by the minute. His throat felt like it was on fire, his nose was running like a faucet, and his head was spinning like a carousel.

He drank as much water as he could, but it didn't help much. He also took some painkillers and cough drops that Jin gave him, but they only numbed the pain temporarily. He wished he could just curl up in bed and sleep until he felt better, but he knew that wasn't an option.

He had to go on stage and perform with his hyungs.

He had to smile and sing for their fans.

He had to pretend that everything was fine.

But everything was not fine.

And soon enough, everyone would find out.

The interview went smoothly, thanks to the other members covering for Taehyung whenever he looked like he was about to cough or sneeze. They also made sure to keep him in the middle of the group, so that he wouldn't be exposed to the cold air from the AC or the fans. They answered the questions with their usual charm and humor, making the interviewer and the audience laugh and clap.

Taehyung tried to join in, but he felt like he was in a fog. He could barely focus on what was being said, and his voice sounded weak and strained. He hoped that no one would notice, but he knew that he wasn't fooling anyone. He could see the concern in his hyungs' eyes, and he could feel the pity in their voices.