Untitled Part 15

gerard pov (i'm sorry i write so much gerard but tbh this is a fanfic centered around him)

as i'm just going along with my day, i hear people whispering and pointing more than usual. i get weirded out because there's nothing i could have done (other than hang out with frank) that would make people act this way again. 

i gulp, feeling nervous.

i try to listen to the things they're saying. all i can manage to understand is bert mccracken, frank iero, and fighting. my eyes widen. the bell rings to my luck and i sprint down the halls, looking for frank. 

i spot him and i sprint over, grabbing him and pulling him to the nearest classroom. i grip both his shoulders tight.

"what did you do?!" i ask him, whisper-shouting. 

he looks up at me and his eyes are wide. he's just stunned.

"what are you talking about" he asks, confused.

"i heard some bitch point at me and say something about you and bert fighting. what the fuck did you do?" i ask again.

he looks like his heart shattered. "i may or may not have told bert to stay the fuck away from you and he said some shit about "taking back what's his" and i told him you don't belong to him and he called me a fag so i said it back and-" 

i loosen my grip and my gaze softens at him. "it's okay frank, i'm just... i was worried about you. and me. but mostly you." i tell him gently, cutting him off before he can say any more.

"are you mad at me?" he asks, looking away. i smile.

"no, of course not." i blush, a little flattered.. 

"i'm sorry gerard" he says

"why?" i'm even more puzzled now

"that you don't even know the experience of someone standing up for you because they just care about you. you deserve so much more than anything lindsey or bert could ever be." he says to me. my heart melts. 

"i can't believe you care so much.. nobody usually cares this much other than mikey or ray..." i say, my voice shaky

"why haven't they stood up for you?" he asks

"mikey is my brother and isn't exactly an outgoing person, and ray is a nobody honestly. he loves me but his words would have no effect on anyone but me." i admit. he just nods.

"thank you." i finally say.