Untitled Part 26

gerard pov

pete left shorty after out conversation, giving the two of us a hug and reassuring us that things will work out. 

frank turns to me, the sad looks still in his eyes. 

"coach, you have to tell coach." he says, grabbing my hand. "i cant... i cant let this go." he whispers, looking at our hands.

i bite my lip. "are you sure? pete isn't the best person to get advice from.." i say, not wanting to cause more conflict. 

i love that frank is trying to stand up for me, but there's some things you just can't change. there's some things that if you try, you get hurt worse than you will if you don't. 

frank stands up, starting to pace his room. "you heard him though, this isn't the first time some sketchy shit has happened in her circle!" he presses on, i sigh and stand in front of him

"stop frank! okay, i'll think about it, but you can't just continue to act without thinking!." i demand, looking down at him. he looks away and nods. 

i sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. "i'm sorry. i know you're trying to be a good friend to me." i say softly, looking over at his guitar. i see him fidgeting with his hands and i walk over to it and grab it. 

"you play?" he speaks softly after a minute. i let out a soft chuckle, walking back to the bed then sit on it next to him. 

"i do, but i'm not very good," i say, handing the guitar over to him. "i was never able to uh..." i start doing a little hair guitar type motion "...i was never able to play and sing at the same time." i say, giving him a small smile. he chuckles.

"how devastating." he teases, strumming the guitar. he plays a short melody before setting it down. i smile, happy that he isn't as upset anymore.

he crawls over, brushing my hair out of my face. "you're beautiful, you know that?" he whispers, looking into my eyes.

i blush a bit and smile. "no one has called me that before."