Untitled Part 22

gerard's pov

practice was cancelled today because of the rain, but i missed frank. he's the one thing i seem to look forward to every afternoon.

i slip my phone out of my pocket and look for his contact

'hey frankie.. wanna come over?' i text the number that was becoming oh-so-familiar. 

almost immediately i recive a text back 'yeah, adress?'

i smile and text him my address. 

'i'll be right over sweetheart.'

he texts, and my heart flutters. he just has a way of doing that. he seems to be a lot more confident over time. i like that about him.

i like everything about him actually. 

and true to his word, i hear a knock on the door not so long after. i open it and smile at the lightly rained on boy before me.

"hi frank." 

"hi gerard." he smiles back.

i step aside and let him in, and he looks around.

"your house is cozy." i smile. my house is definitely smaller than his, but it always feels like home. i then take his hand and lead him to my room. he sits on my bed and smiles. 

"what's the rush darling?" he teases, winking at me. i smirk and roll my eyes as i sit next to him.

"where's mikey?" he asks, clearly noticing the house is awfully quiet. 

he doesn't even know mikey that well but already feels the lack of his presence. maybe it's because there's no music you can faintly hear outside his door, or because it smells a little less like 'way' in here. 

"i think he went out to see pete. corny ass motherfucker to go out to see him in the rain don't you think?" i chuckle, and so does he. 

"what do you thinks gonna happen, something like some dumb sappy romantic comedy movie where they kiss in the rain?" he jokes, causing the two of us to snicker more. 

"maybe, look at the two of them. they're both hopeless loser emo kids." i add on. he basically can't breathe at that point.

the two of us fall back on the bed and sigh, still giggling occasionally as we stare up at my ceiling. 

i turn to look at him, he's got a small smile on his face. it's so pretty, i just wanna draw him.

i continue to scan my eyes down his body, where i notice his arm for the first time. it has tattoos. my eyes widen and i sit up, shocking him. 

"wha? what is it? something wrong." he says, propping himself up by his arms. 

"no.. i-" i can't even speak as i reach my hand out and brush my fingertips along his inked arm. 

he blushes a bit. "oh! yeah- those" he chuckles. "i'm suprised you didn't notice them sooner." i just look at him in awe, which seems to fluster him more. 

i snap out of my trance."uh- sorry. i-" i shake my head. "how? how did you get those, you're 16." i say, looking him in the eyes. he smirks at me.

"ahh... sweet sweet gerard, i have friends." he giggles, winking at me.

"you've got adult friends willing to tattoo a 16 year old?" i ask him, cocking an eyebrow. 

"yup." he says, popping the 'p'. i giggle.

"well, i like them." i whisper. he blushes.

"thanks.." he says shyly.

i look at him for a moment in silence, my eyes still scanning his body,

"..may i draw you?" i whisper, his eyes widen. 

"yeah.." he whispers back, i crawl off the bed and grab my sketchbook before crossing my legs and sitting back on the bed. 

he starts to sit back up and i push him down. "no.. stay." i demand and he listens. i take a few minutes so sketch him, his eyes occasionally flickering between my face and my hands. i was so caught up in the drawing that i almost didn't notice him snapping a picture.

"hey!" 

he just chuckles and puts his phone down. i finish the drawing and he sits up, i place the drawing pad in his lap and he admires the drawing for a minute.

"i- wow.. i just.. wow.." he's speechless. i feel flattered.

"you're really good." he whispers, i smile.

"i really like comics.. that's basically why i started drawing." i say, fiddling with my fingers. 

"i was never much of an artist. may i demonstrate?" he asks, pointing at the sketchbook. i nod and he turns the page, drawing some ghost figure. i chuckle. 

"i like it, it's simple." i say, smiling sincerely. he blushes.

"it's never gonna be as good as your creations though" he says, taking my hand and kissing my fingertips. i blush.

"shut up.." 

"never." 

he lays back down and i remember the page from a few days ago. i start sketching a frank-like figure on the page labeled fun ghoul, and he looks up to me with one eye closed. he hums.

"can i stay over tonight?" he asks, i nod. he slips his phone out and texts his mom.

and that night i almost didn't notice how mikey didn't come home.