{8} Books

(Recap:
Ignored me.
Slamming the door behind me, I sat on the balcony and smoked my thoughts away.)

————————————————————

After the whole 'Fish Fiasco', I strolled out of the dining room and walked up to my little sisters room

"How is she?"

"We wouldn't know, she hasn't come out of her room since,"

Damien and Daniel took their seats outside of her room and sat on guard.
I'm proud of her, she's thinking of others.
She's so sweet.

I knocked on the door twice,

"Alessia, can I come in?"

I got a faint reply of a 'yes' and walked in, shutting the door quietly behind me.
She was laying in her bed, reading.
I love reading,
I should probably ask her what she likes to read.

She looked very into her book, I slowly approached her and laid on the bed next to her.
She jumped out of her skin.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" She grabbed the book, wielded it as a weapon and whacked me on the head.

"Calm down! It's me," I rubbed my head in agony, as I glared at the book.

It was a massive book, like one of the Harry Potter books. I can't believe she just did that.
She quickly shot up out of bed, placed the book on her immense bookshelf, and made a bee-line towards me.
She started to examine my head.
When she was sure I was okay, she ran downstairs, got some water and some painkillers and gave them to me.

"Thank you,"

"Sorry, I just got a bit surprised, I didn't see you there, I must have just gotten carried away reading after I said 'come in',"

I smiled at her and swallowed the painkillers.

"I came up here to check on your hands, they were drawing blood before,"

She glanced down at her hands, upturned them and noticed the deep red crescent shapes that had been embedded into her palms.

"Oh,"

Did she not know?

I went to her bathroom, got out the medical kit and started to bandage her wounds. Once I was done, she muttered a small thank you, grabbed the book she was previously reading, and laid on the bed.
I went down the corridor to my room, grabbed a book from my bookshelf, went back to Alessia's room and laid next to her, reading.

I never did have siblings I could bond over books with, now it looks like I have one.

We laid there, silently reading until a knock on the door disturbed the calm atmosphere.
Alessia, looked at me, sighed, and got up to open to door.