{37} The Truth

(TRIGGER WARNINGS: ABUSE INJURIES) 🚨
(Recap:
Giovanni came behind me and put a hand on my shoulder, in a silent 'it's going to be okay,' even though it isn't.

"So, I guess the cat's out of the bag now," A raspy voice whispered.)

——————————————————

I felt woozy and dizzy with pain, and my throat was sore and scratchy

Like an itch that you just can't itch.
My eyes opened slightly before instantly closing again as they adjusted to the bright lights of the room. I looked at my thumb, it had one of those pulse monitors on it.
I'm in a hospital room.

IM IN A HOSPITAL ROOM.

Shit.

I think they know.
I think I'm right, because multiple fists were being thrown at a wall.

"So, I guess the cat's out of the bag now," My dry voice chuckled.

The punching promptly stopped after hearing my voice, and a thunderous sound of feet running towards me echoed through the corridor. It counted like my whole family, when in reality it was just Grandpa, Dad, Alessandro and Giovanni.
They really need to learn how to be quieter.

I closed my eyes and just laid back on the bed, as Alessandro came up to me and hugged me tight.

"Stella I am so glad you are okay! We were all so worried," He exclaimed, as he faffed his arms about.
(Star)

"I'm fine don't worry," I smiled up at him, or at where I think he would be.

"Can you open your eyes?" Gio asked.

"Yes I can Dr Giovanni," I said with sarcasm. "But this light is so bright and it hurts my eyes,"

He ran to lower the brightness, like you would do on a phone, and I opened my eyes to see the four distressed faces staring at me.

"Can I have some water please," I asked, and Dad picked up the glass from the side and gently poured some in my mouth. "Thanks,"

"So... I guess you know," I urged them on to inquire about it or ask a bazillion questions that I know they had.

"Know what?" Grandpa questioned, feigning innocence.

"Know that I collapsed," I countered with an equal amount of innocence.

"Okay Alessia, cut the crap, we know about the marks and bruises, so tell me who the fuck did this to you," Gio shouted to me.

"I rather just tell you with everyone here, they're all going to know anyway and I'd rather not have to repeat myself," I sighed and looked at my hands.

"Alright then," Sandro stated as he walked out of the room and down the hallway, where I heard a door click open.

After a minute or two, everyone was in the room, and my god it was packed.
They had grabbed extra chairs so that the other elders could sit down, everyone else was either standing up or sitting on the floor.