{23} Goodbye (pt.2)

(Recap:
Off we go to the funeral then I guess.

I'm going to end up crying.)

————————————————————

I walked over to the car, bouquet in hand, and gave it to Daniel who was happily waiting outside of it, whilst Damien was following behind me

Once he held the flowers, I sat in the front seat, with my hands on the wheel.

I watched as Damien crawled back into the boot, scowling.

He could at least look like he was happy.
Honestly-

I rolled my eyes and sped off, just as he was midway of closing the boot.
He stuck his head above the boot and glared at me through the mirror.

I smirked and winked at him before going even faster.
He got slammed into the back of the boot with a 'THUD'

Daniel was tightly gripping the bouquet and the seats, with his hands turning white at the knuckles.

I slowed down slightly and he seemed to calm himself down and his knuckles regained their usual colour.

When these people died, they got buried here because I was here at the time for business.
They meant everything to me.
Seriously.

I loved them.

I felt tears prick in my eyes and I angrily swept them away and parked up the car.
Staring out of the car, my eyes flickered to all of the gravestones that I could see from a distance

There were so many.

I sighed, grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder.
Daniel and Damien both followed me out of the car.
Daniel passed me the bouquet with a sad smile, and Damien had his face void of emotion.

That's how I should be.
Void of emotion.

But not today.

I trailed through the graveyard, lightly touching the gravestones as I walked on by.

Daniel and Damien stood very far away from where I was.
Every time I took a step forward, so did they.
They still had to keep within a safe distance, so that they could help if needed.

It's not like I can't handle myself.

After a few minutes of strolling, I finally stopped at two twin stones.
Both almost identical.
Black stones with bold white lines of words etched onto each one.