{24} Felix

(Recap:
No one dares to breathe too loudly.

A loud ping resonated through the car, as I got a message from someone.)

————————————————————

Who the hell would be texting me right now?I opened up my phone and stared at the ID

I opened up my phone and stared at the ID

Alessandro.

I wonder what he wrote.

————————————————————
Sandro 🧊

Alessia, I do hope you are alright at the funeral, however you must return home as soon as possible please.

AYE AYE CAPTAIN 👨‍✈️

————————————————————

I closed the chat and looked at Damien who was now driving, with Daniel in the boot this time.

"Alessandro says that have to get home as soon as possible because it's urgent," I told Damien.

As soon as I had said those words, it was like something had clicked in his brain and he suddenly starts to speed down the roads, dodging all of the  pedestrians and cars that got in his way.

Illegal street racer anyone?

I would never have guessed.
Note the sarcasm.

Are my brothers scary or what?

He went into a proper beast mode and drove like a maniac through town.

It's no surprise that within a matter of minutes we made it home safely.
As soon as the car was in the garage and parked properly, Daniel rolled out from the boot and landed face first onto the floor.

"Oh my God, the garage. I'm safe from that idiot's driving," He panted in exaggeration.

To finish up the act, he kissed the floor and lay there flat for some time.

I, after watching that performance, ran up to my room and locked myself inside.
I grabbed some painkillers and downed them quickly, my ribs were still in so much pain it was unbelievable.
At this point, I'd say it's a miracle in still alive.

As I looked at my reflection in the mirror I noticed that my eyes were puffy and red, that I had tears stains trailing down my cheeks and that my knees were covered in slight mud and grass from when I knelt down.

Not wanting to look anymore, I grabbed a towel out from the drawer, placed it on the back of the door and took a nice hot shower.

It was comforting and relaxing, however it could not last forever because my brothers were waiting for me.

And it was urgent.

It could be about literally anything.

When I came out of the shower, I quickly put on some comfortable clothes and started to make my way very slowly down the stairs.
My legs were in excruciating pain and every step I took sent a shot of pain all the way up from my ankle to my thigh.

I had my expressionless face back on again as I neared the living room.
You could easily tell they were in there, as there was always so much chatter and shouting.
I bet you could even hear them from the outside of the house.

With my hand placed on the handle, I opened the door and stepped into the room.
All the eyes snapped to me.

I stood there doing absolutely nothing for a minute until someone spoke.

"Have a seat Alessia,"Dad said.

I looked around and sat on an armchair across the room.

"So..." I started. "What was so urgent?"

"Your friend, Felix, how did you meet him?" Giovanni asked.

Oh shit.
He knows.

He knows of his position in my mafia.
He just doesn't know that I own it.

"We met a veryyyyy long time ago, in the park. I was around 9 when we met I think. We clicked and almost instantly became friends. And even 8 years later, we are still great friends," I smiled at what I said.

Seemed believable enough, I just hope they haven't already asked Felix.

To them, it probably looked like I was smiling at the memory.
Which I wasn't of course.

Can't smile at something that isn't real.

Which is probably why I can't smile at bitc-Brittany.

They all nodded in approval of what I said.
But I could see the suspicion arise through their eyes.

Shit.

They had already asked Felix.
I knew it.
I'm screwed.

I smiled at them innocently.

"Can I go to bed now? I'm exhausted," I yawned a little when I had said this.

"Not yet, there's one more thing we have to discuss," Alessandro spoke clearly and firmly.

I nodded my head.

"Tomorrow all of our family will be coming over for dinner and staying for a while, we will have a grand dinner. You will meet them all tomorrow. Feel free to go all out in formal clothes, we'll all be wearing the same thing anyway," Vicenzo said.

I smiled at him.

I got up and hugged them all one by one and said goodnight to them.
Then I reached Alessandro.

I hugged him tight.

"Goodnight Sandro," I whispered to him as I walked out of the room.

I slowly made my way up the stairs, got to my room and collapsed onto the bed.
Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

————————————————————